Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL7

• Thread starter JohnnyCNote
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What's your opinion of the Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL7?

• The standard by which all others are judged.

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • I could take it or leave it.

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Only good for firewood.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a Jackson?

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

JohnnyCNote

Великий Пахан
Contributor
Reaction score
What's the word on the Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL7? The only criticism I have is that it's only available in flat black. Otherwise it looks like a quality instrument. Finally, where are these models made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Jackson Pro Rhoads RR3, and the build quality is excellent. It's the nicest guitar I own easily even when I compare it to my 2016 Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas. I used to own a USA made Jackson Rhoads RR1, and I honestly can't tell any real difference going from it to my RR3. I don't believe you can go wrong with any Pro level Jackson.

JohnnyCNote

Великий Пахан
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Actually, I've already ordered it. Naturally, it makes loads of sense to ask after buying and not before, but if I don't like it I can return it as long as it's in original condition (purchased from AMS). I'm pretty sure it will be really nice.

It wasn't my first choice, but Affirm evidently thinks I'm unworthy. Fortunately, AMS has their 12 month deal, which is also interest-free, and I was approved immediately. A year and a half ago I got a Schecter Jeff Loomis from Zzounds on their 12-month plan and it worked out really well.

So, stay tuned!

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Hope it's awesome. I wish it had big sharkfins, but otherwise I think ️Jackson nailed it with that guitar. I'm hoping I can find one to check out.

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
What's the word on the Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL7? The only criticism I have is that it's only available in flat black. Otherwise it looks like a quality instrument. Finally, where are these models made?

The neck-thru pro models are made in Indonesia.

MrHelloGuitar

Reaction score
I love my Mexican DK2M pro dinky was thinking of getting one of these
though I'm discouraged since production of the SL7 pro is in Indonesia.

Hope it's solid (unlike my Indonesian SLATX), I can only hope they'll turn out better

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I've played some made in China stuff that blew me away. So I think ten quality depends on the specific factory and tolerances mandaed by the brand.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have yet to see one in person, but the Indo SL-2s I've played have been worth the price, so I suspect these will be as well.

Jujex

Reaction score
Same here, The pros I've played are solid, specially the soloists.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
if it was 26.5" scale I'd want one.

Mad-Max

Reaction score
I'm right on the edge of ordering one on Monday...

...Anybody see a reason not to?

My reluctancy would be the fact that it's made in Indonesia. If it was made in Mexico like the Dinky's, I'd be all over it.

I had an Indonesian made Pro King V that played awfully. Bad fretwork with cracks in the binding where each fret was. A guy I went to school with once told me that he could guess how old my guitar was, and keep in mind I took very good care of it. He guessed that it was 15 years old, when it was only like 2-3 years old.

So to say I'm reluctant to buy any Indonesian Jackson would be an understatement.

JohnnyCNote

Великий Пахан
Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't be more pleased with mine. The only compromise was the color, but the flat black is growing on me. I have a JL Schecter that was in the same price range and the build quality between the two is about the same…

Richard_Aaron

Reaction score
I love my Mexican DK2M pro dinky was thinking of getting one of these
though I'm discouraged since production of the SL7 pro is in Indonesia.

Hope it's solid (unlike my Indonesian SLATX), I can only hope they'll turn out better

That is so weird because I have a RR24 Pro Made in Indonesia and a SL2-Mah Pro Made in Indonesia and they were perfect out of the box. I've had to send back all 3 guitars Made in Mexico at the Charvel/Jackson Factory. The first one was the DK3 Okoume Pro, the second a DK3 Natural Ash Pro and now I just got a Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HSH 2PT CM that I'm going to have to return tomorrow, I will NEVER give that Factory another dime, granted this is almost 3 years after this thread was active but I found it looking for a SL7 Review so I want to warn people about the Made in Mexico Jackson and Charvel Guitars currently being shipped from there. The first one had deep scratches/cuts in the frets, the second one had a grounding issue and made a terrible feedback noise and finally the third one also has electronics issues, it won't make any sound unless you press down on the Volume Knob. It's a real shame that the Quality Control is so poor at that Factory, I refuse toi take anymore chances buying anything from Jackson or Charvel Made in Mexico, meanwhile every Jackson Pro I've gotten that's Made in Indonesia is absolutely perfect, completely flawless down to the action being set perfectly out of the box.

Richard_Aaron

Reaction score
My reluctancy would be the fact that it's made in Indonesia. If it was made in Mexico like the Dinky's, I'd be all over it.

I had an Indonesian made Pro King V that played awfully. Bad fretwork with cracks in the binding where each fret was. A guy I went to school with once told me that he could guess how old my guitar was, and keep in mind I took very good care of it. He guessed that it was 15 years old, when it was only like 2-3 years old.

So to say I'm reluctant to buy any Indonesian Jackson would be an understatement.

I just want to update what people are seeing here as I just found this by looking for a SL7 review. I've had to return TWO Jackson Dinky Guitars that were Made in Mexico: a DK3 Okoume, a DK3 Natural Ash and now I have to return the final and absolute last guitar I will ever buy from the Charvel/Jackson Mexico Factory, a Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HSH 2PT CM. The first one had deep scratches/cuts in the frets and the second one has grounding problems making terrible noise and the Charvel won't make a sound unless I push down hard on the Volume Knob. It seems things have changed drastically since this thread was active so I wanted to give people an update. My RR24 Pro and my SL2-Mah Pro from Indonesia are among the best guitars I've ever gotten at such a price point. Everything about them was perfect out of the box, including the action being set to the sweet spot. So anyone looking at these posts now, you've been warned about Made in Mexico Jackson and Charvel guitars. I ordered 3 of them and every single one was broken or damaged. I have 2 Jackson guitars Made in Indonesia and they are absolutely perfect, I'm waiting on the SL7 to arrive since returning the DK3 Natural Ash but I expect it to be perfect as well. I'll be shipping off the Charvel tomorrow and I'm going to get an ESP E-II Horizon FR-7 which is a guitar I've wanted for years. I don't have much experience with ESP but I've always loved that guitar so I have my fingers crossed that it'll blow me away.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
The only criticism I have is that it's only available in flat black. ?

They do have a naturalish ash Charcoal Grey version though, if the below is not the wrong guitar.
preview_1.jpg

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've played several Indo-made Pro-series Jacksons like the SL7 and SLSMG and the quality of them just isn't up to snuff compared to the old MIJ models. The fret ends on all the Indo Pros I tried were rough meanwhile I've never played a single MIJ Jackson that had that issue. And I've literally played 20 MIJ Jacksons over the years.

I think for the money, you have better quality options.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
They are hit or miss. There are good ones and also ones with tons of issues. MIM is not too much better. Some QC issues as well. I have an Indo pro soloist and it’s great. I also have an indo pro Misha that is awesome, however I sent back a couple that were turds.

')