Jackson Pro series vs Caparison C2 series

• Thread starter Peffel84
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Peffel84

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I got a question for you.

Question: What is the better choice and why?

Im looking for a new super strat which is equipped with a mahogany body to be a good backup next to my Ibanez RG3120 prestige.
I like the warmth off the mahogany combined with a Dimarzio Tone Zone and i am a happy camper (i have more criteria but lets not get in to those yet)

All the recent Ibanez RG prestiges have basswood bodies...
so i was looking for other options

Option 1:
Jackson Pro series (the chris broderick sig)

Option 2:
Caparison C2 Series (the Dellinger)

Option 3:
<to be determined>

Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skullet

Reaction score
The jackson pro - why ? Cause no one has played a c2 cause they aren't released yet :)

EDIT: in saying that i dont even know if the pro series broderick models have even started shipping yet :lol:

ElasticPancakes

Reaction score
I'm a Jackson guy, but I'd pick the C2 in a heartbeat.

What we do know about the c2 series is that they will be made in Japan, it's Caparison so I'm thinking the QC will be very high plus not to mention that headstock is BADASS! I need a devil tail in my life...

But seriously, aren't all the Jackson Pro models made in Mexico? I'm not saying they have terrible QC issues, but I'd bank that Japan's QC is a cut above.

Also I really like the finishes the C2's come in, that trans black looking one is epic.

I think the C2 will likely be a bit more pricey too. Can't go wrong with either of them really, the Broderick is super sexy too, even with that wonky ass it has.:agreed:

Peffel84

Reaction score
thanks for the useful feedback!

the price on the Jackson is 800 euros. and the dellinger c2 is around 1100 euros

the c2 is coming out on top.

thanks again

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

Skullet

Reaction score
thanks for the useful feedback!

the price on the Jackson is 800 euros. and the dellinger c2 is around 1100 euros

the c2 is coming out on top.

thanks again

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

Where are you going to for the C2 ? They might have that angelus i posted and i could get it from them as well :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
You're asking a question that no one here is qualified to answer since no one has had both compare to yet. They're both good. Caparison Dellinger C2s are MIJ and cost $1299 USD, I'm sure some Jacksons may will cost less, but Caparisons offer a different experience.

In a few months when these start showing up in stores/NGD threads I'm sure there'll be more information out there to decide. As of now it is a question with no answer.

')