Jackson RR24

• Thread starter hunter75
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hunter75

Reaction score
Ok people, as well as me definately getting a SC608 I'm highly interested in the RR24 and will also be definately getting it, I'll be tuning it to standard Bb to keep up with Cannibal corpse, the only thing I'm worried about is the Floyd Rose, as I've never dealt with one I'd have a damn hard time trying to get the thing in Bb with 13-62's and intonating the thing so has anyone had any experince with this guitar? Cheers :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
You wouldn't have any problem with it, you would probably need to tweak it a little bit to get it to intonate. Floyds are a good bridge for kind of thing though, and the RR24 is one wicked playing guitar. I would almost say that it is better than a tune-o-matic w/locking tuners guitar for that kind of thing because the tuning stability would be great. Especially if you locked the trem with a tremol-no. I was just riffing on one last night and loved it, and I usually hate floyds.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't stand floating bridges. I try to like them and they always end up being hated.

Pretty much every guitar I have with a floyd, the guitar ends up getting sold or the floyd gets blocked and a blocked floyd is, in my experience, just as solid a bridge as a hardtail or a TOM. For example, I've got a Jackson Professional Dinky Reverse from 1994, it was tuned to C and had the floyd blocked and I had no problems with it at all.

If you can run a 7 string guitar with a floating bridge (cue a million Ibanez players) you should have no issues running an RR24 tuned to Bb with a decent gauge of strings.

hunter75

Reaction score
You wouldn't have any problem with it, you would probably need to tweak it a little bit to get it to intonate. Floyds are a good bridge for kind of thing though, and the RR24 is one wicked playing guitar. I would almost say that it is better than a tune-o-matic w/locking tuners guitar for that kind of thing because the tuning stability would be great. Especially if you locked the trem with a tremol-no. I was just riffing on one last night and loved it, and I usually hate floyds.

Cheers for that, I've seen my friend re-string his KH2 in like 5 minutes and im sitting there like wtf?..anyway seems as he has no problem to do it im sure i can learn in no time to get it right, it's just changing the string gauge on the bastard, I've seen alot of peoples views on Floyds and from what i've seen it's either sheer hatred or theyve loved them, cannibal corpse use their tremolos pretty much all the time for every solo so I'm sure if theyve got no problems then I should be ok :hbang:

mrp5150

Call it.
Reaction score
I would almost say that it is better than a tune-o-matic w/locking tuners guitar for that kind of thing because the tuning stability would be great.

A good Floyd is always better than a fixed bridge as far as tuning stability goes. I've never played a guitar that can hold tune as well as a guitar with a nice Floyd.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If you tune to the same pitch and use the same gauge strings restringing a floyd is fast and painless.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
If you don't use a trem in your playing style, you might consider getting the Kevin Bonds signature RR. That has a tuneomatic (but not 24 frets).

hunter75

Reaction score
I'll be using the floyd quite reguarly using it for basically noise lol, I'll be getting 2 if I can afford it one will be set up for Bb with 13-62's and another Ab with 14-68's, I'm assuming I'll have to use 3 springs in the back to get some good tention on the thing, also replace the machine heads with Sperzel lockers :shred:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Why would you replace the tuners? It has a locking nut...
and those guitars aren't exactly cheap either.

hunter75

Reaction score
I just wanted full quality on the thing thats all, besides it's just even more stability, I'll be saving up for a while so price means nothing to me, I just love one pickup guitars since I'm a huge fan of Pat O'Brien out of cannibal corpse, its the best option I can have without going to B.C Rich and getting a £2000-£4000 guitar :yesway:

')