Jackson rr24m/LTD jd-600/Warrior Instruments Soldier

• Thread starter masterblaster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

masterblaster

Reaction score
Gave it some thought and want to pick up another 6 string, went in to a local Sam Ash, and they had a smokin deal on a Jackson RR24m, 599.99, wasn't looking for anything with a floyd/almost floyd in this case, not the full blown one 02000 or something like that. Then I saw a Esp ltd Jd-600(599.99 as well)and it too felt great a little thicker neck, but still a great guitar, and I also got my hands on a Warrior instruments(the brand, not the model by jackson) All three felt great. I just don't know about using a floyd again. I can get the warrior for around 1300 or so, maybe a bit less. I know guitars are all about what feels best and what sounds the best, but each of these are great, which is why I am asking your opinions on quality, resale value, and just what you think is the best option. They all sounded great, I play in drop c most of the time, but do switch tuning once in awhile. I play metal most of time(Gojira, the human abstract, all that remains, cob, god forbid......)

Jackson:maple neck, 1 emg 81, 1 vol, 02000 floyd, alder body, case included, 25.5 scale, Made in Japan.

Esp ltd jd-600 :mahagony neck and body, ebony board, emg 81 and 85, Sprezel locking tuners, 5 way select, 25.5 scale, not sure about a case, and just a vol knob, fixed bridge, Korea or indo made

Warrior Soldier: Mahagony neck and body, ebony board w/abalone and mop inlays led sword(blue), silver in color, sd 59 and a custom, volome and tone, 5 way, sprezel locking tuners, purple heart tone bar(not sure if that does jack), stainless frets(I think) and a case. 25/prs scale, fixed bridge, hand made USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

g93

still can't play 6!
Reaction score
If you want a V, I'd recommend a symmetrical (not Rhoads). The shorter horn makes it tougher to hold on to. I'd go with the ESP, I'm not a fan of maple boards, plus I like the sound of mahogany as opposed to alder more.

DarkRaven03

Reaction score
A warrior for 1300 is an absolute steal, generally they're at least 2-3k.

Warrior2.jpg

Warrior=good stuff.

soliloquy

Reaction score
as much as i love jackson guitars,
i'd go with a warrior for the awesome deal and the looks of it. plus, how rare they are.

if you can afford it, go with a warrior. if you're a bit short, then go for a jackson.

goth_fiend

Reaction score
my old guitar teacher was endorsed by warrior, they are AWESOME instruments, go with one if you can

masterblaster

Reaction score
That's one beautiful Warrior, this one looks a bit nicer than the one I am looking at, since it's not showing the natural grain. The one I am looking at is just a metallic silver, still nice though. Is that yours, and if it's not where did you get that pic from?

My current 6 is a Kevin Bond Signature RR, Mahagony neck thru, single SD Iommi pup(not sure on that, they say that, but everyone refutes that saying it's a El Diablo) and a single vol knob, fixed bridge that you can fine tune, and an ebony fret board. The only downside I have for it is the number of frets(22), when I got it a lot of people said I would never have a use for 24 frets, well I was ignorant and theres been the few times where some songs I want to play go that low on the board. I personally find RR to be very comfortable sitting or standing, but that's just me.

masterblaster

Reaction score
WOW ROB, that's quite a collection. If you don't mind me asking, the one I am looking at is similar to that gold toped one, I also found another one that looks very very similar to the one that was posted above in the posting, and it like the one you have with the zebra(x2N?) pups. Was the one with the natural finish/clear coat much more expensive and which one do you prefer for metal?

Edited: need to know what you do for a living Rob?

Efekkt

NOTHING
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Warrior guitars but I know that LTD felt great when I've played it at the guitar store.

soliloquy

Reaction score
WOW ROB, that's quite a collection. If you don't mind me asking, the one I am looking at is similar to that gold toped one, I also found another one that looks very very similar to the one that was posted above in the posting, and it like the one you have with the zebra(x2N?) pups. Was the one with the natural finish/clear coat much more expensive and which one do you prefer for metal?

Edited: need to know what you do for a living Rob?

maybe someone else can help me here, and you as well.
a few weeks ago, ebay had 2 guitars on for sale. both with these specs:

jackson rhoads
made in japan
one red swirl, the other blue swirl
alder body maple neck
neckthru construction
ebony fret board
rear route electronics
string thru body but without the V plate

both of them were for 800 bucks with i think 100 bucks for shipping?
its the seller that sells a lot of ibanez, prs, and jackson guitars. and he/she posts a LOT of pictures of that particular guitar too.

looks like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...n_rr_shape.svg/290px-Jackson_rr_shape.svg.png

290px-Jackson_rr_shape.svg.png

DarkRaven03

Reaction score
That's one beautiful Warrior, this one looks a bit nicer than the one I am looking at, since it's not showing the natural grain. The one I am looking at is just a metallic silver, still nice though. Is that yours, and if it's not where did you get that pic from?

That is indeed mine :shred:

masterblaster

Reaction score
Awesome guitar DarkRaven!

Soliloguy, sounds just like a rr3, but then it's a neck thru, maybe the lister confused the specs with an RR1T, which is made in the usa. I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.The fret board inlays make it look more like a js, the cheapest of the rhoads. You should create a post with a link to what you're looking at, others and myself will have a much better idea of what you have.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Awesome guitar DarkRaven!

Soliloguy, sounds just like a rr3, but then it's a neck thru, maybe the lister confused the specs with an RR1T, which is made in the usa. I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.The fret board inlays make it look more like a js, the cheapest of the rhoads. You should create a post with a link to what you're looking at, others and myself will have a much better idea of what you have.

i dont have the guitar, but i just saw it.
and i think it was a jackson star(not the body shape like a jackson warrior), but i may be wrong...

found it. its a jackson stars. goes by the name of RR-TN02 here it is:
jackson-guitars-60531804106371140.jpg

2.jpg

img10085081813.jpg

and another version of it:
RR-J1BE_L.jpg

img56175764.jpg

and the only picture i can find of its back is this:
rr-tn02-ash-07.jpg

rr-tn02-ash-01.jpg

so if you're looking for a 24 fret rhoads and you want the neck pickup and no floyds...then this is the guitar for you

masterblaster

Reaction score
Wow, that last one is sweet! Thanks of posting, glad you found what you were looking for, I was completely confused. Let me know if you know of any places other than ebay that are selling those stars, espcially that last one;)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Symmetrical V's are nicer to play, in my experience. If the Warrior is a superstrat, I'd be inclined to go with that.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Asymmetrical V's are nicer to play sitting down, and look more metal, IMO :lol: I'd go RR24, the Japan made RR5 I had was one of the best guitars I've ever owned, shouldn't have sold it.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Wow, that last one is sweet! Thanks of posting, glad you found what you were looking for, I was completely confused. Let me know if you know of any places other than ebay that are selling those stars, espcially that last one;)

as far as i know, those things aren't available in north america. you'd have to get em from japan and ask em to ship it over.
i dont know my japanese online stores, but there are a few folk here that know em quiet well. you can ask them. i think one of the popular stores is called ishtanbi? or something like that :scratch:

but yeah, as much as i lvoe the RR5 in ivory with pinstripes, these 24 fretter rhoads i want a whole lot more!!! maybe i'll just get both! :agreed:

but i need a job first...:(

rob_l

Reaction score
The Warriors build quality is second to none! And when SamAsh dropped them for Gibson - It was a huge mistake IMO

The ones in my fam that are just mahogany bodies have the annointed oil finish. The gold one is Called Aztec. :) I have many of the other guitars mentioned - even a red quilt top / maple board Stars Rhoads. And for the price - The Warriors all stand heads above the rest... :hbang:

My favorite is the Zebra-Knight with matching knobs. That and the Black Knight were my first of the platoon ... lol

Latest posts

')