Jackson SLAT 7 or Schecter Chris Garza?

Holliday

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been playing in Drop B on a six string for around a year now, and I've finally attained a job so I can afford a half decent 7 string. I think I've more or less narrowed my choices down to the Jackson or the Schecter. I was curious about whether anyone has experience with either or both? Any input, or even any other suggestions for first 7 strings would be welcome. Budget of around £800. Thanks in advance. :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
If you buy the garza,make sure to purchase also
00190485-500x500.jpg

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
A whole new meaning for fretmarkers - doh ho ho!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the Garza will most likely have a thicker neck than the Jackson. I haven't tried the X series yet, but I'd be surprised if they match Scheter's quality on that price range.

Get a used SLAT3-7s if you happen to find one. It will destroy both. :)

Alexis

Reaction score
Neck-wise I would go with Jackson. Tone-wise with Schecter

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Can someone put a photo up of an inlay covered over by a sharpie? I am skeptical as to whether it actually looks better.
To the OP, go the Schecter.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
the X series are pretty awesome guitars, I was a bit skeptical knowing where they come from but they're actually really good. :yesway:

but like Emperoff said, if you can find a used SLAT3-7 for a good price it will crush both of them

BillNephew

Reaction score
I'd go with the Schecter, but that's just me. I have larger bass player hands and have no problem with the slightly thicker neck that Schecter seems to be exclusively known for around these parts of the interwebs. Plus, I also LOVE Tele style 7's as well, so I may be a bit biased about this whole deal. :lol:

Holliday

Reaction score

Wow, that is an unbelievable price. But it won't ship over to England :wallbash: Thanks for all the advice guys. For clarification, I was referring to the X-Series Slat 7. I think I'm leaning towards the Jackson right now, mainly for the price. I admit the Garza looks better, but I'm a little put off by the inlay etc. I'll probably get the Jackson because I'm skint :lol:

Zado

Reaction score
Wow, that is an unbelievable price. But it won't ship over to England :wallbash: Thanks for all the advice guys. For clarification, I was referring to the X-Series Slat 7. I think I'm leaning towards the Jackson right now, mainly for the price. I admit the Garza looks better, but I'm a little put off by the inlay etc. I'll probably get the Jackson because I'm skint :lol:
why not something here?

eBay: schecter

very good prices if you ask,I bought here mine too.Free shipping too:agreed:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
why not something here?

eBay: schecter

very good prices if you ask,I bought here mine too.Free shipping too:agreed:

Tim Mauery always has killer Schecter deals. I've bought two guitars from him and a friend of mine did as well. He doesn't answer emails though (only phone).

Honestly, having owned three Schecters so far I can vouch for their solid quality for the price. However, Jackson necks can't be beat and I'm considering switching my Loomis for one :lol:.

')