Jackson Stars .... Why do the Japanese get the goodies .... :-p

• Thread starter mat091285
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mat091285

Reaction score
Man ... just check the new Jackson Stars Website .. and the Jap's just rolled out some yummy limited editions just for themselves .... :scream:

Linky --> ¥¸¥ã¥¯¥½¥ó¥¹¥¿¡¼¥º ¡Ã Jackson Stars > ¥×¥í¥À¥¯¥È

Pron preview ....

00112_main_s.jpg

00113_main_s.jpg

00114_main_s.jpg

00103_main_s.jpg

00108_main_s.jpg

00106_main_s.jpg

SOMEBODY GET SOMETHING! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i am more into the jap only ibanez. but on the other hand. people in japan pay high dollar for american made guitars (even if we consider them crap).

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
i am more into the jap only ibanez. but on the other hand. people in japan pay high dollar for american made guitars (even if we consider them crap).

We pay stupid cash for US instruments in the UK too. We don't think about guitars in terms of 'import' because a massive majority of our guitars are imports. There's a certain cachet to USA guitars, but you pay for it.

Japanese Jacksons are good guitars, anyhoo.

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, there's hardly any mass-produced guitars coming from Europe at all.
I believe Epiphone has a factory in the Czech republic, but that's about all I can think of.

The biggest producers of guitars seem to be the US, Japan, Korea, Indonesia and China. Perhaps Mexico fits in there aswell, I only know of Fender mass-producing there, but their output could be considerable, even some of their signature guitars come from there.

So yea, here in The Netherlands, pretty much 100% of all guitars in a regular shop are import. It's probably the same for most of Europe.
I guess we're better with amps (Marshall, Orange, Vox, Hi-watt, Engl, Hughes & Kettner, Kitty Hawk, Koch... and probably lots more).

But I can't stand that brands like Ibanez and Jackson release certain models for certain markets only. Usually the models you can't get are the ones that appeal to you most.
Jackson was actually quite hard to get at all here, not many shops carried them. Now that they are part of Fender, more shops carry them (pretty much every shop carries Fender and Gibson).
Schecter is even worse, they don't sell at all in The Netherlands. I can only buy them from Germany or such... Unseen, unplayed.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I just checked and for the Japan made warrior with neck through they want $2k US. I can get a US WR1 for that. For the US made Jackson Stars they want $4k. For the $2k one I imagine it's a good deal for the Japanese folk. I doubt the US made Jackson Stars is a good deal even for the Japanese people. Anyone know the difference between US Jackson Stars and a regular US Jackson? Are they made in the same shop?

troyguitar

Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between US Jackson Stars and a regular US Jackson? Are they made in the same shop?

Same shop, same people, same materials. They just add "Stars" to the headstock for legal reasons in Japan. I guess someone else has the rights to "Jackson"...

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how much it is to import a WR-1 into Japan? You would think it would be cheaper than the $2k upcharge that Jackson Stars is offering.

That_One_Person

Gotta link for that?
Reaction score
I think what you would pay is 75% of what JS says. I saw on some websites that the KV-1's go for around $1560 USD, hopefully that is what the new Mahoghany ones go for!

')