Jackson- VOGG!

• Thread starter Flick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Perge

Reaction score
Does vogg even use an extended scale? Anybody who knows him enough to be advertised to by him, wants his signature. I won’t go so far as betrayal, but it definitely comes across as not knowing your audience. Frustrating, in the market for a pointy regular scale, and his sig hits all the right notes. Fack.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
they-had-us-in-the-first-half-not-gonna-lie.gif

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
lol, I don't think that was intentional, but I thought I needed to drop by this place to watch the meltdown as soon as I saw the video.

In hindsight, new Jackson models always end up on retailer websites ahead of their announcement video. So I am not surprised it wasn't his signature. Keep the faith!

Perge

Reaction score
Even the first clear shot being of him with a soloist just feels wrong.

Having said all that. It’s cool vogg is getting recognition in general. One of the best death metal players going.

Ray-T

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not that I'm a stalker, but the man himself posted this on Instagram, and there was a clearer view of the TOM equipped model.

Does this look like a longer scale length than 25.5"? Judging by the distance between pickups...

View attachment 141918
I have seen a couple of players with that TOM bridge with fine tuners and locking nut now.
But is there any production model with this?
I could imagine this to be a very good combo for tuning stability and good sound.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
He probably doesn't have enough subscribers on his Youtube channel to get a sig model.
They have 50 thousand - which isn't a lot. That said, the cat in Intervals has 15 thousand subscribers and multiple signature guitars. It probably has more to do with probable sales over simple exposure.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Is that a band?
Exactly. I had to look up who Vogg was, too. Smaller acts like this don't usually tip the needle for companies to hand out signature instruments. At the end of the day, a company as big as Jackson needs to make sure they move enough units to make up for changing all the tooling.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Why don't we all look on the bright side? Everyone's been clamoring for Indonesian Satin Black Nyatoh body metal guitars for ages. Now we have a whole line of them for only $1500!

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Why don't we all look on the bright side? Everyone's been clamoring for Indonesian Satin Black Nyatoh body metal guitars for ages. Now we have a whole line of them for only $1500!
Aren't Pro Plus made in China?

I've had better experiences with Chinese-made guitars than Indonesian.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Aren't Pro Plus made in China?

I've had better experiences with Chinese-made guitars than Indonesian.

Zoom in to the photos of the back of these on the Jackson website and Indonesia is printed on the back of the headstocks.

Ray-T

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For a forum where everyone tunes to low b, that 27" scale length should receive more love! It's perfect for low b.

')