Jackson- VOGG!

• Thread starter Flick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
4.5 pages of people dying to have this guitar, then they hate it when they realize it’s not a signature. Instant flip :lol:

Yeah like, does Vogg have a bunch of really specific specs that would set his sig apart? The scale thing I get if people don't want a 27" but otherwise..... ?

I love Decap but Vogg isn't one of those players that I've thought of having a bunch of esoteric gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Alls I know is I want to try one of the TOM bridges with the fine tuners. Never seen that before.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
4.5 pages of people dying to have this guitar, then they hate it when they realize it’s not a signature. Instant flip :lol:

Yeah but that's not what's happened is it?
Vogg posts he's joined Jackson
Vogg posts pictures of his new Jacksons - a previously ignored model in a cool classy minimalist spec, essentially like the Ibanez Destroyer crossed with the Silent Scream Exploder he'd been playing live
Vogg retires all guitars apart from the Jacksons
Vogg starts being featured on Jackson social media using said guitars
Everyone says "holy shit I want one"
This carries on for 9 months.

Jackson tease the release of a Vogg video, everyone presumes its for his signature model.
Jackson release a video of Vogg playing previously announced models, none of which he's been known for playing, and none of which have anything to do with him, and none of which he'll be playing ever again.
People are annoyed they've been hoodwinked and there's still no sign of the Vogg sig.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
i can only see 3 seconds of the video. ... So what's the deal? just a regular production model and that's it ?

Yep, these previously announced satin black baritones:

1722498253759.png

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Folks jump brands without getting signature gear all the time.

The dude's job is to drum up hype, not necessarily deliver it and definitely not just for a signature model.

I think folks just had unrealistic expectations which lead to entirely realistic disappointment.

')