Jackson- VOGG!

• Thread starter Flick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
4.5 pages of people dying to have this guitar, then they hate it when they realize it’s not a signature. Instant flip :lol:

Yeah like, does Vogg have a bunch of really specific specs that would set his sig apart? The scale thing I get if people don't want a 27" but otherwise..... ?

I love Decap but Vogg isn't one of those players that I've thought of having a bunch of esoteric gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Alls I know is I want to try one of the TOM bridges with the fine tuners. Never seen that before.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
4.5 pages of people dying to have this guitar, then they hate it when they realize it’s not a signature. Instant flip :lol:

Yeah but that's not what's happened is it?
Vogg posts he's joined Jackson
Vogg posts pictures of his new Jacksons - a previously ignored model in a cool classy minimalist spec, essentially like the Ibanez Destroyer crossed with the Silent Scream Exploder he'd been playing live
Vogg retires all guitars apart from the Jacksons
Vogg starts being featured on Jackson social media using said guitars
Everyone says "holy shit I want one"
This carries on for 9 months.

Jackson tease the release of a Vogg video, everyone presumes its for his signature model.
Jackson release a video of Vogg playing previously announced models, none of which he's been known for playing, and none of which have anything to do with him, and none of which he'll be playing ever again.
People are annoyed they've been hoodwinked and there's still no sign of the Vogg sig.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
i can only see 3 seconds of the video. ... So what's the deal? just a regular production model and that's it ?

Yep, these previously announced satin black baritones:

1722498253759.png

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Folks jump brands without getting signature gear all the time.

The dude's job is to drum up hype, not necessarily deliver it and definitely not just for a signature model.

I think folks just had unrealistic expectations which lead to entirely realistic disappointment.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Regardless of the disappointment that the lack of asignature model brings you (at least so far, they may have one in the works, and is Vogg a name that will sell lots of sig gear?). At least Jackson/Charvel product launches feature well-produced videos now.

Not that long ago the product videos from them were complete amateur hour affairs.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Very true. They've leaned well into the "advertising by entertainment" method, and that's a good thing.
I suppose this is a clear sign of the echo chambers we all live in. Vogg is a big deal to us, he starts playing Jackson and a certain subsection of this forum presume a signature is a definite.
Some people know him as "that guy that was in Machinehead for a bit".
And probably even more have never heard of him.

Flick

Reaction score
I was one of the people that thought the signature was going to happen once we saw his custom shop guitar followed by a teaser video. That was amplified by showing a glimpse of Vogg with a black guitar and a date of 7/31/24. I assumed they attached the date to the video because we were going to see a new guitar get launched. Not a guitar that was available for preorder nearly a month prior. We saw a Brandon Ellis signature Kelly not that long ago. I’m still holding out hope that we will see a Vogg signature. I’ve wanted one for long time. He’s my favorite guitar player. And they definitely have a spec’d guitar to recreate.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Yeah but that's not what's happened is it?
Vogg posts he's joined Jackson
Vogg posts pictures of his new Jacksons - a previously ignored model in a cool classy minimalist spec, essentially like the Ibanez Destroyer crossed with the Silent Scream Exploder he'd been playing live
Vogg retires all guitars apart from the Jacksons
Vogg starts being featured on Jackson social media using said guitars
Everyone says "holy shit I want one"
This carries on for 9 months.

Jackson tease the release of a Vogg video, everyone presumes its for his signature model.
Jackson release a video of Vogg playing previously announced models, none of which he's been known for playing, and none of which have anything to do with him, and none of which he'll be playing ever again.
People are annoyed they've been hoodwinked and there's still no sign of the Vogg sig.

Can’t it just be fun to watch a thread flip a 180 without it being that serious?

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I can relate to the disappointment because it's how I felt about Wes Hauch not getting a signature Ibanez based on his customs, but also it makes sense that neither of these dudes gets a sig model. Sad as it is, death metal guitarists still doesn't seem to get a lot of opportunities for signature stuff. Starting to change though.

')