Jackson- VOGG!

• Thread starter Flick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
4.5 pages of people dying to have this guitar, then they hate it when they realize it’s not a signature. Instant flip :lol:

Yeah like, does Vogg have a bunch of really specific specs that would set his sig apart? The scale thing I get if people don't want a 27" but otherwise..... ?

I love Decap but Vogg isn't one of those players that I've thought of having a bunch of esoteric gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
4.5 pages of people dying to have this guitar, then they hate it when they realize it’s not a signature. Instant flip :lol:

Yeah but that's not what's happened is it?
Vogg posts he's joined Jackson
Vogg posts pictures of his new Jacksons - a previously ignored model in a cool classy minimalist spec, essentially like the Ibanez Destroyer crossed with the Silent Scream Exploder he'd been playing live
Vogg retires all guitars apart from the Jacksons
Vogg starts being featured on Jackson social media using said guitars
Everyone says "holy shit I want one"
This carries on for 9 months.

Jackson tease the release of a Vogg video, everyone presumes its for his signature model.
Jackson release a video of Vogg playing previously announced models, none of which he's been known for playing, and none of which have anything to do with him, and none of which he'll be playing ever again.
People are annoyed they've been hoodwinked and there's still no sign of the Vogg sig.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
i can only see 3 seconds of the video. ... So what's the deal? just a regular production model and that's it ?

Yep, these previously announced satin black baritones:

1722498253759.png

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Regardless of the disappointment that the lack of asignature model brings you (at least so far, they may have one in the works, and is Vogg a name that will sell lots of sig gear?). At least Jackson/Charvel product launches feature well-produced videos now.

Not that long ago the product videos from them were complete amateur hour affairs.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Very true. They've leaned well into the "advertising by entertainment" method, and that's a good thing.
I suppose this is a clear sign of the echo chambers we all live in. Vogg is a big deal to us, he starts playing Jackson and a certain subsection of this forum presume a signature is a definite.
Some people know him as "that guy that was in Machinehead for a bit".
And probably even more have never heard of him.

Flick

Reaction score
I was one of the people that thought the signature was going to happen once we saw his custom shop guitar followed by a teaser video. That was amplified by showing a glimpse of Vogg with a black guitar and a date of 7/31/24. I assumed they attached the date to the video because we were going to see a new guitar get launched. Not a guitar that was available for preorder nearly a month prior. We saw a Brandon Ellis signature Kelly not that long ago. I’m still holding out hope that we will see a Vogg signature. I’ve wanted one for long time. He’s my favorite guitar player. And they definitely have a spec’d guitar to recreate.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Yeah but that's not what's happened is it?
Vogg posts he's joined Jackson
Vogg posts pictures of his new Jacksons - a previously ignored model in a cool classy minimalist spec, essentially like the Ibanez Destroyer crossed with the Silent Scream Exploder he'd been playing live
Vogg retires all guitars apart from the Jacksons
Vogg starts being featured on Jackson social media using said guitars
Everyone says "holy shit I want one"
This carries on for 9 months.

Jackson tease the release of a Vogg video, everyone presumes its for his signature model.
Jackson release a video of Vogg playing previously announced models, none of which he's been known for playing, and none of which have anything to do with him, and none of which he'll be playing ever again.
People are annoyed they've been hoodwinked and there's still no sign of the Vogg sig.

Can’t it just be fun to watch a thread flip a 180 without it being that serious?

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I can relate to the disappointment because it's how I felt about Wes Hauch not getting a signature Ibanez based on his customs, but also it makes sense that neither of these dudes gets a sig model. Sad as it is, death metal guitarists still doesn't seem to get a lot of opportunities for signature stuff. Starting to change though.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
Should I care about Jinjer? I'm entering my old man era, I never listened before and my tolerance for new things is low.
Their 14th most viewed song, which came out eight years ago, has more views than Decapitated's most viewed song that came out 12 years ago.

JimF was right about this place being an echo chamber, this is the only place where people have expectations for a guitarist whose fame is below mid-tier getting a potential signature guitar. It's also not surprising that this place doesn't know much about Jinjer, considering they formed in 2008 which was after the peak of SSO and the genres that community was into.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Their 14th most viewed song, which came out eight years ago, has more views than Decapitated's most viewed song that came out 12 years ago.

JimF was right about this place being an echo chamber, this is the only place where people have expectations for a guitarist whose fame is below mid-tier getting a potential signature guitar. It's also not surprising that this place doesn't know much about Jinjer, considering they formed in 2008 which was after the peak of SSO and the genres that community was into.

Easy there bud, I wasn't throwing any shade 😂

I was genuinely asking if they were worth the listen. Didn't mean to hit a nerve - I already stared earlier that I don't think Vogg has the profile for a signature guitar. Also worth stating that except for BTBAM, most music I listen to formed around or after 2008 😂

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
By going through the mental gymnastics I still think a sig may be on the cards.
My conspiracy theories are below:

> The fact his guitars say "Model Shop" on the headstock, not "Custom Shop" or "Jackson USA".
> There's been no social media on his instruments. Nobody at Jackson has shared a post stating "Look at this sick custom for Vogg", or even "Here's a model we don't make very often, the Fury".
> A post by another Jackson artist who had played Vogg's guitar said "Mike Shannon did a great job". But on Mike Shannon's social media there's no sign of it apart from one group pic. In that pic it shows a couple of other signature models (Gus G & Mark Heylmun) and also Mike Stringer's guitars all hung on a wall. (Now I would say Mike would be a better bet for an endorsement/sig model than Roman from Jinjer, but thats another conversation). Aforementioned mental gymastics gets me to the thoughts that these are all Korean prototypes that have been fettled and setup in the USA to give them that extra attention before going out to the artists.
> The visibility of the guitars online seems to be "let them see, but not too much". As in he cant say "this is my custom Jackson" because it isn't, and he cant say "this is my signature model made in Korea" because its not been announced yet. There's a guy on YouTube in a band called OceanHorse or SeaPony or something and that guy has done several "look at my custom Jackson" vids that have been released by Jackson as content, so they're aware that fans want to see cool guitars, even if they're custom shop only. Surely a "Welcome Vogg to Jackson, here's his custom axe" vid would make sense?
> Clutching at straws, the base model is a Jackson Fury, and one of the best Decapitated songs is called "The Fury" :lol:
> Signature models aside, its a well specced instrument and I'd be equally interested even if it was a signature model for Stevie T or Machine Gun Kelly.

(The above views are for entertainment purposes only, and literally just to make conversation whilst I'm waiting for a phone call)

Latest posts

')