Jahn fanned 8 build thread

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Hollowway, and I'm addicted to buying guitars.

Whew! Good to get that off my chest!

So I saw Julius Jahn's dealer thread about doing a fanned 7 run, and I really liked his single cut. So after some talking, his offer to do an 8 for me :D and picking out the woods, he's already started! You can see the bubinga top under the neck and FB woods here, and the ash body in the other picture.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

immortalx

Reaction score
This is gonna be killer!
JJ is not only one of my favorites here, the man clearly has an eye for detail and has already proved he's into "less talking-more work" :yesway:

TKOA-Dex

Master of Thall
Reaction score
B-but you just got the Doberman! Either way this is going to look amazing!

Is that a black and white ebony fretboard?

SilentCartographer

Creator as Observer
Reaction score
DUDE, yet another future NGD to get my GASing for customs in gear.. Yeha wondering about that neck wood.. looks like a pale moon ebony. Fack this is a good year for you and guitars homes.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
DUDE, yet another future NGD to get my GASing for customs in gear.. Yeha wondering about that neck wood.. looks like a pale moon ebony. Fack this is a good year for you and guitars homes.

Yep. That's what I mean - I'm going WAY overboard on spending in the past year or so. I've got 3 8 strings on order from Tom Drinkwater that I hope will be done soon. And my KxK 8 scale, which will be the most epic design known to mankind. But it's 4 years in the queue, and so I'm not holding my breath for that. Can't get a response from Rob, so I guess I'll just get it when I get it.
And the last one was a Shad Peters build, but his workspace burned down, and took everything with it. So it'll be a while before he can get back up and running.

I wasn't planning on getting in those run of JJ but I had already saved up some for a Vader 8. And I really dug his single cut design, so I figured the Vader can wait.

House74

Perfect Djentleman
Reaction score
Am I the only one who looks at those two slabs on the left and thinks push em together and.... BEWWWWWWWWBS?:lol:

ForThisGift

Reaction score
The wood combo is not really to my taste, but the body shape is very interesting. Should be a great guitar!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So I was hanging out in the dealers section, as we addicts are want to do, and I came across Julius Jahn's thread. I really liked his single cut shape, and since the price was right, and I have been able to move some stuff, I pulled the trigger. It's rough right now, but it's taking shape!

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I was tripping out thinking "Wait, he's got another build going already?!?"

Then I realized that you made another thread for this build last month :lol:

That body shape is pretty interesting.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I was tripping out thinking "Wait, he's got another build going already?!?"

Then I realized that you made another thread for this build last month :lol:

That body shape is pretty interesting.

Ah, crap, did I? :lol: I have GAS and early onset dementia!

Edit: I thank Mod, the threads have now been merged!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Whoohoo! It took a while, but Julius was able to source a guy to make the wooden bobbins.

')