Jahn fanned 8 build thread

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
awesome....

but dude! you could feed a small country with all the guitars & builds you've got...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
That fretboard is "I'd buy her dinner first" level of tïts. Can't wait to see this finished (I also have a major case of "finally something that's not a superstrat" right now :lol: )

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
awesome....

but dude! you could feed a small country with all the guitars & builds you've got...

Wife, is that you??!!

But would that country rock?

:lol: For those about to rock...

That fretboard is "I'd buy her dinner first" level of tïts. Can't wait to see this finished (I also have a major case of "finally something that's not a superstrat" right now :lol: )

I know! He's got an AWESOME source for the PME, apparently. I have an OAF coming eventually, and that will have a PME board too.

And I honestly have to slow down with these purchases. But I mean, it's my only spendy vice, and I'm not doing the $6500 mayones thing, so why not?!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Update! After months and months of waiting and at least one redo, pickups from The Guitarmory are finally done. And as an aside, I would steer any of you WELL clear of ordering pups from The Guitarmory. I paid for these things in the spring, and received next to no communication, no email responses, no Facebook responses, multiple missed shipping dates, etc. Julius didn't fare much better. The first set was done and the grain didn't line up because he made the bobbins first, and then slanted them, throwing off the grain pattern. So Julius had him redo them, and this is the result: they're STILL off. And there's a gap between the two bobbins, and from the appearance of it the cut lines aren't straight. At this point I said .... it, we need to move on. Of course, no answer from him regarding what the heck happened.
Anyway, they're at least here, so Julius can get the build finished. (He's been awesome, by the way. Excellent communication, photos whenever I want, and isn't trying to slide anything past me.)

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I know they aren't exactly how you wanted them, but they really do look good despite it.

Yeah, totally. I mean, to a certain extent you can slap PME on a pup in any old way and it's going to look hot! The wax from potting them tinted them a little more yellow, so Julius is going to do a similar thing to the FB so it looks continuous. I can't wait, though. It'll be my first guitar with PME. Tom Drinkwater (Oakland Axe Factory) is making me another 8 string, and we have a PME board for that one as well.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Update! It's getting close! The rough shaping is done, and it's on to finalizing the contours and sanding. Check it, my brethren:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Haha, I know, I wanted one sooooo bad, and now I have this, and another build planned with Tom Drinkwater that will have them. I'm still wanting a sapwood Mexican cocobolo FB, and will get one eventually. I had one being built by Shad Peters when his shop burned down, so it'll be a while before he rebuilds it. And then I think I'll have all the fancy wood guitars I ever wanted. Hopefully no one invents a new type of tree. :lol:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
60e52e_4739640.jpg

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Rainbow Eucalyptus. Dunno much about it, someone just showed me that picture. If the wood is like that, goddamn.

')