Jam with your hero.

• Thread starter Mattmc74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
If you had the chance to jam on stage with anyone you wanted who would it be? Alive or dead, singer, drummer, bass, they don't have to be a guitar player just someone you would love to jam with.

I would want to jam with Jerry Cantrell! He has been a major influence on me from the time I picked up the guitar to now. I know he is not know to be a shredder but he is a great player and song writer

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
One of the guitarists from Scar Symmetry (or both).

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Chuck Schuldiner or Deron Miller. OR I could form a super group consisting of myself on Guitar, Chuck and Deron on guitar and vocals, Billy Sheehan on bass, and Chris Pennie on drums.

:hbang::shred:

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
hard to say, i think i could come up with different answers on the hour, based on mood.
For just an all out improv jam, guitar + drums, I say Bonham would be alotta fun. the big, bashing rock attitude... like sitting in with vinnie paul on a heavy dose of old school.
Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge as backline for a mildly progmetal band would be among my top picks, maybe even toss little Meiju (from ensiferum) in for some atmosphere keys. hell yes

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never really thought about this, but dude jamming with Jerry Cantrell does sound fun as hell. I feel like I'd be comfortable jamming with him too, just playing some badass rock stuff and not a bunch of uber-techie shit.

I'd also like to jam with Martin Lopez, I like jamming with a good and creative drummer.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
hmmm, I reckon jamming with Liquid Tension Experiment would be awesome, Petrucci, Levin, Rudess and Portnoy...

Otherwise I'd love to jam with Planet X- Virgil Donati, Derek Sherinian, Rufus Philpot...

Even though both groups would absolutely kick my butt... :lol:

YYZ2112

Um, yeah.....
Contributor
Reaction score
An obvious one for me would be Alex Lifeson. We could compare whammy bar techniques :lol:

I think jamming with Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden would be kind of cool too.

')