James Hetfield Signature EMGs

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Via Blabbermouth:

Premier Guitar's Brett Petrusek was on location at the EMG Pickups booth at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California during the 2011 NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show, a massive music-products convention that took place January 13-16. In the segment below, we get to see and hear about EMG's newest set of pickups — the James Hetfield (METALLICA) signature set.

Hetfield is probably one of the most recognized figures in the world of rock and metal, being the co-founder, main songwriter, and vocalist/rhythm guitar player for METALLICA.

Hetfield has been a major endorser of ESP guitars since the 1980s, and is best known for playing custom-made Explorer-style guitars with the EMG-81 in the bridge and the EMG-60 in the neck. Hetfield's main guitar from the early days was a Gibson Flying V, used almost exclusively until about 1984 when he switched to the Gibson Explorer model.​

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I can't think of a single tone outside the rhythm tone off The Black Album that I'd want to cop from that band. :shrug: Funny thing is, one of my fav. tones are the early Devy tones which came from the black, EMG equipped Explorer given to Dev by James. 81's are fine... I've got other things to pine over other than pups.

Guitarman700

Reaction score
Metallimarketing strikes again.
These clowns haven't been relevant for 20 years, It must be nice to have a legion of fans to buy your crap. The next Kiss, I reckon.

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
i believe they are 81s and 60s with polepieces instead of blades.

If I had to hazard a guess, the pole-pieces are probably dummies. I like the look a lot, though. Provided they're not significantly more expensive than standard chrome-covered ones, I might get on board this train.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
EVERY emg signature set is their stock stuff but with an artists name on it some where. EMG are not very creative. :scratch:

The "Kerry King" and "Zakk Wylde" sets don't even say their names on the pickups, you just get a nice box.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
So some of you guys are bitching about a product that you won't ever buy (or even try) and saying that fans who buy metallica stuff it are idiots even though they are passionate about the band no matter how much they've changed over the years? :lol:

Did the band or the product do anything to you that has caused your panties to tighten up?

Reaction score
So some of you guys are bitching about a product that you won't ever buy (or even try) and saying that fans who buy metallica stuff it are idiots even though they are passionate about the band no matter how much they've changed over the years? :lol:

Did the band or the product do anything to you that has caused your panties to tighten up?

Yeah, metallica turned off my Napster account like 10 years ago. I'm still bitter about that. :scream:

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
you mean your free Napster account? That you were using to share music illegally? That Napster account?

')