James Hetfield Signature EMGs

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Duraesu

Reaction score
So some of you guys are bitching about a product that you won't ever buy (or even try) and saying that fans who buy metallica stuff it are idiots even though they are passionate about the band no matter how much they've changed over the years? :lol:

Did the band or the product do anything to you that has caused your panties to tighten up?

+1

its a sad thing people bashing some big band just because they are making a buck with products that are actually related to music...

these "clowns" live from music and everything related to it, they are professional musicians people, get over it.

@Guitarman700 - they are relevant enough to (still) have sold out shows and have a huge influence on younger aspiring musicians.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captastic

Reaction score
Of course they're still relevant...they're the metric we use to define suckage...

Reaction score
I think i saw on that Premier Guitar namm vid that these have a slightly different tone than the standard Emg 81/60. Supposedly tweaked to Hetfields liking.

potatohead

Reaction score
Millions upon millions in the bank > SS.org thinking we're washed up :lol:

If that was an 85 rather than a 60, I would probably buy them. I like the look, more suited for a short scale singlecut (LP) style.

astm

Reaction score
The "Kerry King" and "Zakk Wylde" sets don't even say their names on the pickups, you just get a nice box.
How do you dare to say that? You're absolutley wrong! those sets come with an authentic pick from each artist

:lol:

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Revoicing an EMG set in my book is tantamount to polishing a turd. I'll pass here.

Tones

Red paperclip trader
Reaction score
Not digging it really. I really can just see them slapping James' name on an 81/60 combo, with dummy pole pieces. :poop:
p.s. I'm not an EMG hater, nor an active pickup hater

FLGearnut

Reaction score
if you really think about it, the sound that made metallica famous were just standard EMG models. Mainly the 81. If they revoiced these pickups to his liking, itd just be what james' taste for this year lol....its not gonna be the "original" metallica sound.

Its like the randall "kirk hammett" amp. Its not gonna make a person sound like old school metallica because kirk probably had better sense not to use a POS like that 20 years ago :lol:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
How do you dare to say that? You're absolutley wrong! those sets come with an authentic pick from each artist

:lol:

My sincerest apologies.

I do hope I didn't offend Mr. King or Mr. Wylde.

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
Rob Turner (EMG owner) showed me those pickups and told me that the pole pieces make'em sound a little bit different, with more bite and fuller than the 81/60 originals.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
The video is marked pirate. Does anyone have another link? Google always brings me back to the same original.

I've been against emgs for a while now, but I think these look cool. And that's what it's all about....looking cool. :pimpin:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
The video is marked pirate. Does anyone have another link? Google always brings me back to the same original.

I've been against emgs for a while now, but I think these look cool. And that's what it's all about....looking cool. :pimpin:

Haha, this makes it sound like you have some conscientious objection to them or something :lol:

vanhendrix

Reaction score
Haha, this makes it sound like you have some conscientious objection to them or something :lol:

Well I was a fan until i got a high-gain amp (powerball). Having huge output pickups combined with an insane amp is just overkill. I've been going lower and lower output ever since, because i want to have the exact dynamics that the guitar does when unplugged. I'm not spending 3k+ on a guitar to hear some 100 dollar pickups, I want to hear the wood.

Sorry, I did it again. I told myself i wasn't going to do this.

')