James LaBrie and John Petrucci perform 'Another Day' unplugged...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalMike

IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have a link?

Incidentally, after watching this vid a couple of times, I started thinking this arrangement would sound really nice with a female voice. Anyone agree?

I completely agree. This is one of those Dream theater songs that I just can't believe wasn't commercially successful. It's just a beautiful song.

I did a recording of the solo section on my soundclick page if anyone's interested.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I completely agree. This is one of those Dream theater songs that I just can't believe wasn't commercially successful. It's just a beautiful song.

I did a recording of the solo section on my soundclick page if anyone's interested.

I think it was bad timing mainly... Actually, was it ever even released as a proper single?

There are quite a few 'musicians' musicians' I can think of whose music could and should be more popular than it is amongst the general public...Richie Kotzen for instance.

MetalMike

IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it was bad timing mainly... Actually, was it ever even released as a proper single?

There are quite a few 'musicians' musicians' I can think of whose music could and should be more popular than it is amongst the general public...Richie Kotzen for instance.

I'm not sure if Another Day was released as a single, but I do know that they have been making radio edits of their more mainstream sounding songs since 6DOIT or possibly even before that. I still have never heard DT on the radio. :scratch: I would be surprised if it was never released as a single because that was the time in their career where they may have needed a hit to give them a bit of a boost.

Like I said before, Ritchie Kotzen should be popular among not only musicians, but the casual jazz listeners, and general public. The man can do anything. :agreed:

Latest posts

')