Jamie's Cryin' chord -- what/which is it?

• Thread starter Spaced Out Ace
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I see a few different chords used to play this song. So which is it? One tab says:

From high e to D.

Another tab says:
x

From high e to low E.

Robert Baker on YouTube (@ 7:48) says:

x

From A to high B. It's sorta like your blues chord but with the 6th fret D string note muted (from the slanted angle, it looks like he's muting this note), and what would typically be an 8th fret note on the high B string is a 7th fret note.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
So according to Uncle Ben, none of the three are correct. He said it's basically the Women in Love chord.

I'd probably skip the low E to keep the chord from sounding messy, and mute the D string. Like so:

X

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Holy crap, that’s awesome he knew so fast! He’s the go-to guy for correct tabs of hair metal!

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah, I also got the harmonics for Runnin from Ben as well. He answered just about immediately.

Listening to the isolated track on YouTube, it definitely seems to be the chord that Ben said it was.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd probably skip the low E to keep the chord from sounding messy, and mute the D string. Like so:

X
mute the top two notes as well, and that's the first chord from the "I pick up all the pieces and make an island, might even raise a little sand" section from Jimi's Voodoo Child (slight return), as well.