Jamming to Slayer.

• Thread starter Handbanana
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Seeing them recently with (i think) Gary Holt in Hanneman's slot was a real eye opener. It was amazing to hear someone playing with Slayer that actually remembers how to play.

That's easy: Gary Holt >> Kerry and Jeff. His solos are also very trem wank heavy too, but damn he's an amazing player. Kerry himself stated that Holt can school them both.

Also, here's an excerpt from a GW interview:

GW: Hanneman's leads are notoriously unorthodox. How did you go about learning them?

HOLT: I didn't. [laughs] His style is just totally different than mine. What I did do, especially on the earlier stuff, was key in on his little signature melodic lines and try to keep those in there. But mostly I just kept the vibe. If he's playing fast, I'm playing fast. It's been kind of liberating because no one's ever questioned the solos I've done. I go out every night and do something different. Some nights, Ill go out and do something really sick. I'll look over at Dave, who;ll be smiling and I smile back because I know there's no way I'm gonna remember that tomorrow.

What a champion. :lol: :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revlover

Reaction score
What a champion. :lol: :bowdown:
For me Gary is the undisputed heavy weight world champion of (thrash) metal. Great songs, great riffs, great chops, great song variety, great to watch live. Sorry for the derail. I just had to take this chance since Gary/Exodus doesn't get recognized enough imho. Slayer is good also.

')