JamUp Pro through your amp

• Thread starter Carlm83
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Carlm83

Reaction score
I recently saw a video on YouTube detailing how to get your JampUp Pro to run through the fx loop of your amp. It said to run the Headphone jack wire through the return port on the fx loop. I did this with my blackstar ht20 and got no sound. Can someone tell me how to do this correctly, and please you simple terms a novice would understand.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
That should have worked, just make sure volume is up on the iphone/ipod. Maybe your amp needs a cable in the input or fx send to activate. Also when running from mine I always run into a buffered pedal first then into the amp.

Sean Richardson

Onedge Custom
Reaction score
I recently saw a video on YouTube detailing how to get your JampUp Pro to run through the fx loop of your amp. It said to run the Headphone jack wire through the return port on the fx loop. I did this with my blackstar ht20 and got no sound. Can someone tell me how to do this correctly, and please you simple terms a novice would understand.

It depends on the iPad interface you use... For example with the Peavy Ampkit HD link you run the line out of the interface to you effects return on the amp (use Bias, remove the cabinet from the amp model, then run that amp in Jam Up for best results).

you essentially run a cable from what ever you plug your headphones, monitors into on the iPad or interface connected to the iPad to the effects return loop.

The volume of the amp (the real one) may be controlled using the volume in Jam UP... I have done this on a couple of Amps (a Mesa F30 and a Orange Dark Terror) but in the end purchased an ALTO 112 active PA speaker for best results.

Good luck!

Carlm83

Reaction score
I do not understand why this did not work. I have a blackstar ht20. I plugged the headphone side into the return port of the fx loop and got nothing. With the blackstars do you have to have a plug in the send side for the fx loop to turn on?

Sean Richardson

Onedge Custom
Reaction score
I do not understand why this did not work. I have a blackstar ht20. I plugged the headphone side into the return port of the fx loop and got nothing. With the blackstars do you have to have a plug in the send side for the fx loop to turn on?

I don't know...

Plug in headphones and if they work, the issue is with the amp, if they don't the issue us with the iPad or the interface.

Just to check as well try plugging into the input of the amp...

Don't take this the wrong way, you have taken the amp off "Standby" right?

Sean Richardson

Onedge Custom
Reaction score
Headphones work fine, yes it's off standby

OK... now I do not own a Blackstar so this is speculative only but I did download the manual and note that they have a switch on the FX loop to bump from effects level to "pro studio" level.

Have you tried playing with that?

Also again, try going into the pre-amp (guitar input) just to make sure you havent got a dicky lead/cable...

')