JamUp XT Pro Quick Riff.

Taylord

Reaction score
I just got the app and downloaded some of the expansion packs. This is a really convenient and awesome tool for practicing as some of you may already know. It helps that it sounds pretty cool as well, and I recorded a short clip to show off a patch that I worked on. It's based around the Merrow 5153 Amp. The guitar was my JP6!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/taylord-2/jamup-xt-pro-riff[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vzmike

Reaction score
That tone is way too good for something that can be used for impromptu recording for stuff like this. I love the app to death.

Question, how did you record with the app itself? Like your setup and everything. I have this along with an Apogee JAM and want to start recording with it.

Taylord

Reaction score
That tone is way too good for something that can be used for impromptu recording for stuff like this. I love the app to death.

Question, how did you record with the app itself? Like your setup and everything. I have this along with an Apogee JAM and want to start recording with it.

Thanks man! I just used an 1/8 audio cable and a 1/4 adapter to my interface and recorded as normal.

gamber

Reaction score
honestly think that jam up sounds like shit, way to bland to me. The axe fx destroys it, IMO its just podfarm on steroids though

Taylord

Reaction score
Well thanks for being honest. The drums might be a little loud which is probably causing the pumping.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
honestly think that jam up sounds like shit, way to bland to me. The axe fx destroys it, IMO its just podfarm on steroids though

Just important to remember the AxeFx is literally almost one hundred times more expensive than JamUp, considering it's $20 for the plug and maybe $20 more for the amp models/effects you like. I would be absolutely appalled if JamUp was better than AxeFx haha.

Back to OP, I dug it man :cool:

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Nice job! I honestly have no criticisms (except for your choice of guitar :no please: ...too few strings) but even if I did, the fact it was recorded on a phone carries quite a bit of weight. :yesway:

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
sounds good enough to me. what's also great is that the app can be controlled with Bluetooth. very cool:yesway:. interested in how all this will evolve. the convenience of this setup is already a major selling point for me. as solutions become more elegant, the notion of carrying my rig in my phone will become extremely difficult to resist. hopefully android devices will adopt a latency-free protocol for handling audio, so that we can benefit from this app as well.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
sounds good enough to me. what's also great is that the app can be controlled with Bluetooth. very cool:yesway:. interested in how all this will evolve. the convenience of this setup is already a major selling point for me. as solutions become more elegant, the notion of carrying my rig in my phone will become extremely difficult to resist. hopefully android devices will adopt a latency-free protocol for handling audio, so that we can benefit from this app as well.

Yeah, I've been using JamUp also myself lately to dial in all my guitar tones, and then I just run an adapter cable into my DI and record it straight. The Bluetooth appeal is awesome; I've seen some people already implement JamUp as an essential part of their live rig and it seems to work pretty well!

Taylord

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The idea that someone could play a show with their phone as their rig is pretty insane haha. On top of wanting Bias too, I think the new HD plug they are coming out with will be a pretty cool improvement.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The idea that someone could play a show with their phone as their rig is pretty insane haha. On top of wanting Bias too, I think the new HD plug they are coming out with will be a pretty cool improvement.

I've been wanting to try BIAS, probably just going to use it on my girlfriends iPad since you need a tablet for it. I want to hear more examples from people using amps they built in it!

Taylord

Reaction score
I've been wanting to try BIAS, probably just going to use it on my girlfriends iPad since you need a tablet for it. I want to hear more examples from people using amps they built in it!

I believe they are just about to release it for Iphone too!