Japan-only, figures...

• Thread starter eaeolian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Damn. That is nice!

Too bad it's not 27" scale as well.

Psst... Kurt... a hardtail Agile Interceptor with a 27" scale in that finish would be pretty sweet! ;)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That IS nice, actually... even nicer at $874.44 at today's IDC conversion rate... ;)

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
holy fuck...

that is the ideal seven i'd want. Mahogany body/finish, fixed bridge...blackish chrome hardware...Oh damn, and it's a prestige so it's japan made. I will own one and try an Evo or BC in the bridge AN7 neck.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
7StringofAblicK said:
holy fuck...

that is the ideal seven i'd want. Mahogany body/finish, fixed bridge...blackish chrome hardware...Oh damn, and it's a prestige so it's japan made. I will own one and try an Evo or BC in the bridge AN7 neck.

Best act fast, then - apparently they're a run for just that chain of stores, so who knows how long they'll be around?

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Best act fast, then - apparently they're a run for just that chain of stores, so who knows how long they'll be around?

Thanks...i'll do my best. Bastards, they need to send the good shit over here. That is a 7621 with a badass finish in mahogany...exactly what i want. Like you said,they have it all over there. ONes with flat black, EMGs, they have another mahogany oiled one but it is not as dark, it's quite light actually and it looks bad ass too...GOD damn

CL7

Gangsta Guitarist
Reaction score
I wish they had tremolo versions of all these beautiful 7s.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
noodles said:
Why won't Ibanez put an ebony fretboard on a guitar?
Machine-fretters crack ebony, or says Carvin...but PRSs are ghost-built and they don't use ebony either, so it's probably true.

dav2321

Reaction score
Holy crap....that's what I've always wanted them to make. I own both versions of the RGA 121 - I gotta check this out more.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
They're all pretty nice. There must be a lot of 7 string players in Japan...

No. Actually there's at least 10x more 7 string players in the US. I have never met a 7-string playing Japanese and, in fact, I usually get a kind of negative response when I tell most Japanese guitarists that I play a 7 and a pretty positive response when I tell them about my Gibson LP (I love both, myself).

The reason why there are so many is because Ibanez is a Japanese company (owned by Hoshino Gakki). So there will always be more Ibanezes in Japan than any other country and, thus, more 7's.

')