Japan-only, figures...

• Thread starter eaeolian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dav2321

Reaction score
So where's the english contact info? I cant seem to find it. Anyone here buy anything from them ?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Surely that's a good business reason to introduce those models to the US and Europe too?

I would agree to an extent.

Although... even though I said there are 10x more Sevenstring players in the US (or Europe) than in Japan, that doesn't mean there are a lot of sevenstring players anyway. So, to them, they're not thinking "Hey, we can sell a lot of these in the states and Europe! There're tons of seven-string players there!" Because A: there aren't a lot of seven-string players in the US or Europe and B: They might QUITE a bit of money off their six-strings. So introducing those models to the US and Europe would not necessarily be as good as an idea as you're suggesting (from their point of view).

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
dav2321 said:
So where's the english contact info? I cant seem to find it. Anyone here buy anything from them ?

Nai n ja nai?

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. Most of these sites don't have any English contact info. I don't know if this site does or not, but I'm thinking that Ikebe-gakki has no English contact info (because it's a Japanese store. Makes perfect sense to me that there'd be no English contact info. I mean Music123, Musician's Friend, etc. don't have "Spanish contact info", right?)

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
man those are some freakin sweet guitars... too bad my internet doesnt have those translator thingies... it took me half an hour to switch pages XP

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Unknown Doodl3.2 said:
man those are some freakin sweet guitars... too bad my internet doesnt have those translator thingies... it took me half an hour to switch pages XP

Your "internet"? Do you mean your "browser"? I don't know of any browser that has a translator "thingie." They are simply webpages that you use to view other webpages. They are complete crap. And I'm not saying that because I'm a Japanese->English translator. I ran that exact page through a "translator thingie" and this is what it came up with:

"Ikebeorigenal (Ikeori for short) this time when the Ibanez freak to which Ikebe is chosen racks one's brains and it was kneaded is seven no tray bowstring guitar. Tree..feeling of quality..as it is..wick..sound..villainy..bass..aspect..wait..extremity..provide.Blowing in new breath to seven bowstrings that are already established, and recommendation models. "

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Okay. Now here's MY (fast) translation of that page:

"Ikebe Original 'Prestige' 7-string.

Ikebe's Ibanez freaks have racked their brains in trying to chose the best guitar, creating a 'non-tremolo' 7-string for the Ikebe Original line (abbreviated as Ikebeori). With the natural feel of wood, sound coming from its core, coupled together with the capability of wickedly low notes. This guitar brings a breath of fresh air into the already established world of seven-strings. Our recommended model.

Hard case and Gig case are both included. Color: Violin Flat."

Also note that it says that this particular guitar is currently at the Ikebukuro Ikebe store (Ikebukuro is in Northern Tokyo).

Granted this isn't a great translation since I just whipped it together in under 5 minutes, but it's a thousand times better than any an automatic web translator "thingie" would give.

a_daft_punk

Reaction score
Naren, I applaud you.

I wish I could speak English and Japanese that fluently.

Joe

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
a_daft_punk said:
Naren, I applaud you.

I wish I could speak English and Japanese that fluently.

Joe

Heh. Thanks, but it's my job. I was a double major in English (Creative Writing concentration) and Japanese.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like this one quite a bit RR7

Uhhh this on is soo much better...KV7 ... wtf don't we get these in the US...

dav2321

Reaction score
Naren said:
Nai n ja nai?

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. Most of these sites don't have any English contact info. I don't know if this site does or not, but I'm thinking that Ikebe-gakki has no English contact info (because it's a Japanese store. Makes perfect sense to me that there'd be no English contact info. I mean Music123, Musician's Friend, etc. don't have "Spanish contact info", right?)
No but Ishibashi does and their a Japanese store. Also someone earlier in the thread stated they do ship to the US. Pretty good reasons to think there would be something in english , right? :squint:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
dav2321 said:
No but Ishibashi does and their a Japanese store. Also someone earlier in the thread stated they do ship to the US. Pretty good reasons to think there would be something in english , right? :squint:

Well, Ishibashi has one page in English on their site and then a link to a web translator to which they post a disclaimer (I tried the web translator, anyway, for a laugh. They're always a barrel of monkeys). Ikebe is much much much much smaller of a company than Ishibashi, so I would expect much less from them. But, you are right that there might be an English contact e-mail address for Ikebe, but where is it....? :ugh:

')