Jason Newsted selling a lot of his gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
It's just an SD-4/5 circa 1990 with a longer treble side horn.
wow, looks way better without the elongated horn imo
pnixbbgcqz8thvwvovdj.jpg

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
My personal highlight is that 60 $ guitar that looks painted with the kids in a kindergarten project. That's the kind of shit parents love when it was their own little prodigy kid who painted it but not someone else's.

Sorry to say that might be a DIY job.

Different strokes for different folks!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The only thing I'd be particularly interested in is the double course 10 string. But NFW that will go at a price I'm willing to pay. I'm not one to care if an instrument was "artist owned" as I don't want to pay MORE for a used instrument - unless I'm damn sure it's a collector piece. Which is Latin for I don't own any collector pieces. :lol: I mean, Jason is my favorite of the various Metallica bassists, as I didn't discover them until after Cliff had passed. But I'm still not particularly drawn to any of these based on his ownership.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
It was brief but between 1994 - 1995 he was a Spector artist and even had a sig model. g was funny looking, though. It's like they tried to throw a Spector NS2/NS5 and Alembic Elon and Europa in a blender lol

View attachment 147272

But yeah Jason strictly used these in 1994 and 1995... then never used them again lol

Jesus that thing is ugly. I had no idea.

')