Jason Newsted selling a lot of his gear.

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Screamingdaisy

Reaction score
There's a couple of things in the store that weren't in the video, but it's nothing special. The coolest thing is a 5 string Spector NS5 circa 1982-83 otherwise I don't see anything that really screams Jason or Metallica like any other Alembics or Sadowskys

It looks like he cleaned out his garage and got rid of the stuff he doesn't use.... or even remember why he bought it in the first place.

At the same time this was going on Sadosky put out a limited run of 13 signature basses.... which are reasonably priced (for a USA Sadowsky), and seem like a bargain next to the Reverb sale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It looks like he cleaned out his garage and got rid of the stuff he doesn't use.... or even remember why he bought it in the first place.

At the same time this was going on Sadosky put out a limited run of 13 signature basses.... which are reasonably priced (for a USA Sadowsky), and seem like a bargain next to the Reverb sale.

yeah pretty much lol. Although I'm gonna be nitpicky again and say these aren't spec'd lie his Metallica-era basses so... meeeh? :lol:

When I think of Newsted's basses, I think of the black body w/ black (or no) pickguard, maple neck, and single coil Js.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sadowsky pricing has gone a little nuts, just like everything else. My NYC cost just under $4k less than a decade ago, the same bass now would be almost twice that. The old Japanese Metros were like $3k in "Ultra Vintage" with binding and blocks, you can't even get that anymore.

But Roger has been downsizing the NYC operation for awhile, they've had some staffing changes, and if I had to guess I'd say that in the next 5 or 10 years they'll probably switch all to German "Wardowskys" minus maybe the Archtops so long as Roger is alive, he's 75, and maybe some artist/limited stuff sort of like it's moving to now.

I guess that's what's so cool about these, they're NYC.

')