Jason Richardson Crowdfunding Solo Album (And Departure From Chelsea Grin)

• Thread starter Emperor Guillotine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnTanner

Derpin' on the guitar since 2003
Reaction score
This album is going to be insane. Wish i had known about the crowd funding when it was going on. would have definitely contributed

Arkeion

Reaction score
This album is going to be insane. Wish i had known about the crowd funding when it was going on. would have definitely contributed

Same. I think contributors got a signed tab book package. I got the tab book, but I don't think they'll be signed from the second round.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Listened twice so far. Breaking Damnation is easily my favorite (nice to hear some normal metal riffing vs. constant syncopated open PM chug). The intro to Chapter II is definitely epic....love it!

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh. Typical death core stuff with keyboards that sound like they belong on the Nightmare Before Christmas OST.

No kiddin. I don't get the hype or funding any albums like this. I'd gladly pay a musician I like for an album, but I'm never going to pay to fund it.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Not sure how i feel about the album so far to be honest. It's has parts i like and a bunch of stuff i don't like, Jason's playing is top notch on it though.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
The pinch harmonic on "Ho's Down" (my current favorite) just makes me want an Archon.

Drezik27

Reaction score
After 2 listens, nothing really sticks out to me other than Breaking Damnation, the intro to Chapter II, Hos Down (especially the solo after the "jazzy" part in Hos Down) Is that Rick Graham's solo?

Man can shred, just cant seem to write interesting songs.

Edit: Drums throughout the album are top notch though, that kid can play.

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
Overall I'm really enjoying the album. The drumming is amazing, the ma. Just can't shine with the word alive.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
God damn this is good. What an amazing surprise!
Jason seems like such a nice kid too.

Arkeion

Reaction score
Digging Titan the most right now. Chapter II is close second and I'd probably put Tonga 3rd. Haven't given the rest of the album my solid attention. I've been jamming it in the office all day but I've been in and out.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Just in case anyone was planning on buying it, don't buy it on Bandcamp. It's not him. Wouldn't surprise me if its the same dude who's impersonating Periphery on Bandcamp. So yeah, don't buy his album on Bandcamp if you actually want to toss some money his way.

cip 123

Reaction score
Just in case anyone was planning on buying it, don't buy it on Bandcamp. It's not him. Wouldn't surprise me if its the same dude who's impersonating Periphery on Bandcamp. So yeah, don't buy his album on Bandcamp if you actually want to toss some money his way.

Should probably try and contact Jason let him know.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
He already posted it on his Instagram, figured I'd post it on his thread since he doesn't post here. Just wanted to let people know who aren't on social media!

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Not a Djent fan in general. But the album still has tons of tasty content and I'm looking forward to expanding my guitar vocabulary. A really well-done effort with great stuff. And if you're a Djent/shred fan it's album of the year contender material, IMO. I'm happy for the guy.

knet370

Reaction score
out of curiosity, what pick does jason use?

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
Listened to this and p3 all day at work today, probably my favorite albums this year. Jason's took a few to take it all in but loving it.

JohnTanner

Derpin' on the guitar since 2003
Reaction score
Listened twice so far. Breaking Damnation is easily my favorite (nice to hear some normal metal riffing vs. constant syncopated open PM chug). The intro to Chapter II is definitely epic....love it!

That is my favourite as well and for the same reason. Gotta love some good ol' heavy riff deliciousness.

')