Jason Richardson Crowdfunding Solo Album (And Departure From Chelsea Grin)

• Thread starter Emperor Guillotine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I contributed to the indiegogo. I got my CD a week or so after the album was released, I had to send about 10 emails to get a download for the album tabs which was really annoying.

I still haven't got any of the other stuff from my perk. I think I saw a post on Jason's instagram saying sorry for the delay and things were being shipped. While I'm very glad I helped fun the album its definitely the last time I ever use indiegogo or kickstarter. I've had a few poor experiences with them.

Thanks for your input!
I only got the album download, but I had also pre-ordered the physical copy (CD) on the indiegogo campaign. This was months ago. Yeah, same here, not gonna participate in these kinds of funding campaigns anymore either, will buy album once it's out and available instead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Thanks for your input!
I only got the album download, but I had also pre-ordered the physical copy (CD) on the indiegogo campaign. This was months ago. Yeah, same here, not gonna participate in these kinds of funding campaigns anymore either, will buy album once it's out and available instead.

You might want to follow-up again because Jason posted a picture yesterday on social media holding a physical CD and saying they had tons in stock.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
You might want to follow-up again because Jason posted a picture yesterday on social media holding a physical CD and saying they had tons in stock.

Thanks! I saw that post on FB and that's actually what reminded me that I still have not received my CD, I posted a comment on there and he gave me an e-mail address to contact. I did exactly that and they old me the CD was shipped in August, however I never received it, which I replied to them.
Looks like it got lost in shipping, or something like that. Now I gotta wait and see how they handle it and if they will ship out a new CD for me ....

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The guys in charge at Modern Empire are not helpful at all. I had to explain 3 times that the guitar pro tabs were computer files that you send by email and they kept telling me they had been shipped…...

Looking at the comments a lot of people are having issues too. Can anyone confirm they got anything other than the physical CD?

Edit: I got a reply back from Modern Empire, they send me a tracking number, either my package has been in transit for 4 weeks or its been lost.

Last edited:

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Christ, those laser beam flutters sound sick. It's crazy how skilled this dude is while still writing music that doesn't sound like doodoo.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Does Jason use the stock DiMarzio pickups?

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Even having seen him play up close at the JPGU, I still have a hard time believing how goddamn precise he is.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Yeah that little preview clip was instant hype. I'd be way stoked to see a second solo record.

')