Jason Richardson Crowdfunding Solo Album (And Departure From Chelsea Grin)

• Thread starter Emperor Guillotine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I still haven't gone through every song but Hos Down is just insane. So is the crazy shred bit in Titan, The sweeps in XV are just ridiculous and Breaking Damnation is a lot harder than it sounds. Everything is that little bit uncomfortably fast and he uses some very odd shapes and positions so I really need to get my chops up. I don't know how he commits all those crazy riffs across all the string strings to memory.

Everything is in Drop G apart from Hos Down in Drop A and Tonga which is an 8 string in Drop-E.

Fantastic. I'll be able to easily tune for Hos Down, and floppily reach most others on my 10-60 strings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I still haven't gone through every song but Hos Down is just insane. So is the crazy shred bit in Titan, The sweeps in XV are just ridiculous and Breaking Damnation is a lot harder than it sounds. Everything is that little bit uncomfortably fast and he uses some very odd shapes and positions so I really need to get my chops up. I don't know how he commits all those crazy riffs across all the string strings to memory.

Everything is in Drop G apart from Hos Down in Drop A and Tonga which is an 8 string in Drop-E.

Awesome, thanks!

Arkeion

Reaction score
Slightly miffed that people who ordered physical tabs aren't getting the newly announced digital tabs. I only ordered physical because, ya know, Jason essentially said there will never be digital tabs.

Ah well. Life goes on lol

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Slightly miffed that people who ordered physical tabs aren't getting the newly announced digital tabs. I only ordered physical because, ya know, Jason essentially said there will never be digital tabs.

Ah well. Life goes on lol

To this point, I asked about the chances of a discount. Dude was nice about it, but essentially zero. I'm not too bothered, since there wasn't like any implication that one was buying anything but the physical copy.

Like you said, it goes on. I got my money's worth on sheer volume of notes.

Edit, for purchases it should be on his merch store I'm guessing. It's still linked in the dudes Instagram I believe.

remus1710

Reaction score
jason stated that once the album comes out there will be GP files... so why should you be mad you bought something else :))

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I've the tab store perk so that saves me several hundred hours trying to tab this book into GP.

Arkeion

Reaction score
jason stated that once the album comes out there will be GP files... so why should you be mad you bought something else :))

Actually, right before the album dropped Jason specifically said the only way there would be GP is if there was a way to 100% stop piracy/sharing of the files. That was his way of saying 'no' as I understood it. I never once saw 'there will be GP files' or anything hinting that there actually would be GP tablature of the songs. If you can find where he said that, I'll gladly concede.

Not that big of a deal, however. It's not like having them on GP increases my chances of actually being able to play the songs :lol:

I've the tab store perk so that saves me several hundred hours trying to tab this book into GP.
That IGG was announced during my guitar/music hiatus. I was so pissed when I came back and found out I was too late lol I would've been all over that.

kabz

Reaction score
I've tweeted, and messaged Jason to see if I could still throw money at him for the tab book. (Sold out on his merch store) been that way for weeks
No response yet, but I really want a copy to sink my teeth into.
Anyone foresee this being available again or will I have to wait for them to "leak" out into the ether?

I must learn Omni, Tonga, Retrograde, etc.

Beefmuffin

New Boot Goofin
Reaction score
You can buy the guitar pro or PDF version right now. You will get them instantly.

kabz

Reaction score
You can buy the guitar pro or PDF version right now. You will get them instantly.

Must have just put it up. I was checking everyday for the past couple weeks.
Thanks for the heads up!

Beefmuffin

New Boot Goofin
Reaction score
Woot got the signed Tab Book and CD today! About dam time haha. Anyone else that got the signed Tab Books, you should be seeing yours shortly as he did ship them with priority mail. Took 1 day once shipped to get to me.

Beefmuffin

New Boot Goofin
Reaction score
I was just about to link through, but "I" is that 15min single he released a while ago yeah?

http://jasonrichardson.bigcartel.com/products

"I" is the name of the album. It will include all of the songs. Omni was the first single released (unless you count the preproduction versions of Titan and Left Foot (Retrograde) and of course the original version of Thought).

Santuzzo

Reaction score
again asking those of you who had pre-ordered Jason's CD: have you gotten your CDs yet?
I am still waiting for mine, and it's been months now .... :scratch:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I contributed to the indiegogo. I got my CD a week or so after the album was released, I had to send about 10 emails to get a download for the album tabs which was really annoying.

I still haven't got any of the other stuff from my perk. I think I saw a post on Jason's instagram saying sorry for the delay and things were being shipped. While I'm very glad I helped fun the album its definitely the last time I ever use indiegogo or kickstarter. I've had a few poor experiences with them.

')