Javier Reyes of Animals as Leaders

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pirateparty

Reaction score
How does Javier connect the Eleven rack with his Amp/Cab?

I know the Eleven has a few different input/outputs but I'm confused as to what his signal chain is. My guess would be the Eleven is in the FX loop of his Mesa, but wouldn't the preamp signal from the head distort whatever signal the Eleven is putting out?

I'm planning on getting an Eleven and using it with my 5150II, and probably picking up a Ground Control to have my 5150 lead channel, and Eleven clean/fx channels live. How would I wire this?

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Hey, Guys

You know the Illustrated Luthier is coming back right Lord willing.

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
How does Javier connect the Eleven rack with his Amp/Cab?

I know the Eleven has a few different input/outputs but I'm confused as to what his signal chain is. My guess would be the Eleven is in the FX loop of his Mesa, but wouldn't the preamp signal from the head distort whatever signal the Eleven is putting out?

I'm planning on getting an Eleven and using it with my 5150II, and probably picking up a Ground Control to have my 5150 lead channel, and Eleven clean/fx channels live. How would I wire this?

when we were partying i was talking to him about it, as i thought it strange to have that setup vs tosin's axe/2/90/2 rig...

i wantttt to say he was using it strictly for effects, but i belive he was using it for a preamp...he was a little out of it, and wayyyyyy drunk...i do know its in the mesa loop. he said he really likes it although its tones are nowhere near that of teh axe-fx as he put it..

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Where did you hear this? Awesome news:yesway:

Holloway:
I talked with him via facebook and he has his equipment still, and plans to build again one day, but not right now. He moved out near me, and I actually know his wife and her family. He seems like a really nice guy, and is obviously uber talented, so I hope he starts building again soon. Oh, and the line for his customs begins right behind ME!!!:lol: That TIL8 of Bulb's and Cataclysmchild's are probably my two favorite guitars of all time.

Ok I take back the semi - production models. I thought somebody said something about that. Nevermind but he plans on building again so.

blacai

Reaction score
Ok, sorry for the necromancy post...

I attended a concert of Animals as Leaders yesterday night.
Lot of people talk just about Tosin(there are tons of reasons...) but after have seen Javier Reyes playing live... I just can say HE IS THE F***** MASTER

I thought I would leave the concert thinking on selling all my guitars, but seeing how he plays gave an extra punch of motivation.

525x348px-LL-bf1c3650_HolyNecroPost_759032.jpeg

TheDandy

Reaction score
Gawd I love this clip. Sums up nearly everything I love in a clean 8 string piece.

gingerman

Reaction score
I actually like Javier's stylye much more than Tosin's. More taste and less shredding.

')