Javier Reyes officially with ESP guitars, signature 8-string on the way

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
If ESP releases a Javier sig looking anything like the Ken Susi model (given it has similarities to some of his LACS'), it'll be really hard to stay away from it.

Provided it is well-spec'd, of course.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
A-1[arc].jpg

:noplease:

i've been wanting one of these (or his previous sigs) since i was 15:bowdown:

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
That is very cool for him :) Much awesomeness, and I'm sure it'll be a rad sig.

Though I am freaking out somewhat over the fact that I don't see Brett Garsed on the endorsement list Max just put up, I loved his guitars so much....

Convictional

Starfish, Octopus
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't mind. Hopefully Javier brings the Tosin approach to ESP and makes them build something with a bit of variety (read: class). Black lacquered guitars and actives can be so tacky.

Hopefully Javier can bring that change to ESP and their 8 string selection.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Considering what his last Ibanez was like, I would hope he'd go in a similar direction with his ESP.

41866110101675016560234.jpg

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully Javier can bring that change to ESP and their 8 string selection.

They'll probably release a signature model, but other than that, i wouldn't expect anything else. It would be nice if they brought another 8 into the LTD range so humans can afford them.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Hell if I were a touring musician, I would switch to ESP.

Good move on his part.t

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
They'll probably release a signature model, but other than that, i wouldn't expect anything else. It would be nice if they brought another 8 into the LTD range so humans can afford them.

An 8 for mortals at a scale at least 27" or anything above 25.5". I don't mind 25.5" for a 7, but 8's almost definitely need more than that to intonate that F# properly along with anything lower than that given the string gauges folks use to get a tight low F or E.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Here's some that also have a high "wtf" factor. xD

FLYING-A5_GS.jpg

FLYING-A5_WP.jpg

fantasia.jpg

The last one gets extra points for being a sig called "Fantasia".

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So Javier is known for classy, understated type of guitars but somehow the vast majority of the guitars posted in here are the most flamboyant pieces of lumber to dawn an ESP logo?

Well done, SSO. Well done.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
We can all thank Max for inciting that weird side of the Japanese ESP spectrum :lol:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I think you have a case of smallbuilderisbetter-itis.

ESP makes more unique custom guitars from the ground up, and more unique production ones on a regular basis than Carvin has the entirety of their existence.

Carvin lets you select shape, wood, finish and hardware. ESP will make anything. Anything.

Have you seen the stuff they release for Japanese artists?

ESP | Artist Series

Click on those and watch the absurdity ensue! :lol:

Well, TBH ESP doesn't do a lot of exotic shapes for non japanese artists. For starters they're horrendously expensive and unsuited to a mass market, especially if you plan an LTD line with the model. What you are likely to get here is a horizon or similar.
You can sum up nearly all non japanese artists with Eclipse and Horizon. you have to be James Hetfield or Tom Araya to get something special, and then it's only a minor variation.

that short guy

Reaction score
I'm excited about this. As a esp fan boy I really do not like the portions I have with them for 8's (why I own my carvin and am looking at schecter) maybe if his dig is close to what I like spec wise I might get it

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
So Javier is known for classy, understated type of guitars but somehow the vast majority of the guitars posted in here are the most flamboyant pieces of lumber to dawn an ESP logo?

Well done, SSO. Well done.

Hey now, we're just blindly following what a mod said we should do, don't blame us!

Have you seen the stuff they release for Japanese artists?

ESP | Artist Series

Click on those and watch the absurdity ensue! :lol:

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Well, TBH ESP doesn't do a lot of exotic shapes for non japanese artists. For starters they're horrendously expensive and unsuited to a mass market, especially if you plan an LTD line with the model. What you are likely to get here is a horizon or similar.
You can sum up nearly all non japanese artists with Eclipse and Horizon. you have to be James Hetfield or Tom Araya to get something special, and then it's only a minor variation.

But is that because they can't special shapes, or because they don't want weird shapes?

I know that if i could get a custom guitar, it would be a superstrat or something, despite what the company might be able to build me.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Good lord those are ugly! But I do stand corrected - I had no IDEA they had so many out-there models. I'm hardly in a position to judge - I've never owned an ESP or LTD. But shoot, if they are willing to think outside the box, then I am stoked to see if Javier comes up with something cool. I just hope it's not a generic black super strat.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Good lord those are ugly! But I do stand corrected - I had no IDEA they had so many out-there models. I'm hardly in a position to judge - I've never owned an ESP or LTD. But shoot, if they are willing to think outside the box, then I am stoked to see if Javier comes up with something cool. I just hope it's not a generic black super strat.

An 8-string version of the ST-II would be fantastic. I love mine:

2014-08-24%252020.38.38.jpg

musicaldeath

Herald of Djod
Reaction score
I owned an Ltd JH-600 (the original Jeff Hanneman LTD), an Alexi-600 and an ESP Horizon FR. Have since gotten rid of them, but I'll be damned if they were not the best playing guitars I've owned. Maybe second only to my egyptian smoke jp7.

Tom Drinkwater

ERG/ERB Builder
Reaction score
The first time I soldered in a new pickup was a SD Full Shred into a $200 LTD sometime back in the late 90's or early 2k's. Good times. I've played a ton of sweet ESP's and LTD's and many of my favorite players like Hetfield and Lynch are long time ESP guys. While I'm certainly more of a Carvin fanboy I'm really happy for Javier for getting on with a company as artist oriented as ESP. ESP supports the "who's who" of guitar playing and Carvin kind of specializes in the "who's that?" of guitar.

')