Javier Reyes officially with ESP guitars, signature 8-string on the way

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunnarJames

Reaction score
As long as the scale length isn't shorter than 27" (which I don't expect it will be), this is going to be nearly impossible for me not to buy. :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
You might be in for some disappoint then, bud.

EDIT: Nvm, lol. For some reason I thought I was in the Bulb signature thread :lol:.

Carry on!

Zado

Reaction score
By removing the tumor on the headstock,
I can agree with this since imho it's the ugliest headstock ESP made to date,but still I've never seen an LTD guitar this cool anyway.Yeah,we may actually not see the same amount of NGD threads as happened with the KM7 due to the expensive (for a MIK guitar) price,but I'm pretty sure it will sell quite well

Curious about the pricetag here in EU...It's not a Schecter,so they probably wont charge that much ( :fawk: ),but I honestly doubt this will be going under 1600-1700€...and,you know,for those €€ one can go Mayos

GXPO

Reaction score
I can agree with this since imho it's the ugliest headstock ESP made to date,but still I've never seen an LTD guitar this cool anyway.Yeah,we may actually not see the same amount of NGD threads as happened with the KM7 due to the expensive (for a MIK guitar) price,but I'm pretty sure it will sell quite well

Curious about the pricetag here in EU...It's not a Schecter,so they probably wont charge that much ( :fawk: ),but I honestly doubt this will be going under 1600-1700€...and,you know,for those €€ one can go Mayos

If one can go neck-thru Mayo with a Schaller Hannes and locking tuners I'll buy a hat and eat it. :lol:

These are literally the best specs I've seen come out of Korea. I'd probably happily pay £1300 - £1400 for it but not much more. Looks frigging awesome..

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
I dig everything, including the gold hardware - I'd probably swap out the knobs for gold dome knobs, throw the volume maximizer mod on the volume pot, and that's it. This thing seems awesome. Wonder if they're Ionizers going into it, or something else.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
seem fair for me, I mean, it’s a neck through to begin with, cost of production is higher than bolt-on and set neck. Plus it’s a signature line, plus a schaller hannes 8, plus custom pickups. IMO it’s not overpriced by any means.

It might actually be lower cost on production as you run the whole guitar in one go on the CNC instead of having two different pieces like a bolt on.

$1500 for that guitar is pretty reasonable. I'm not a fan of the bridge, but it's definitely not a cheap piece of hardware by any stretch.

Aren't the SC607's around 999? This has a way more expensive bridge, the pickups are going to cost more, gold hardware, figured top etc etc...

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
My girlfriend took a look and said "Yuck. Why do these two have so much gold shit on their guitars? It would almost be nice if it just had all black hardware."

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
My girlfriend took a look and said "Yuck. Why do these two have so much gold shit on their guitars? It would almost be nice if it just had all black hardware."

IMO black tuning pegs and nuts would set it off nicely. That way the headstock hardware matches the bridge and knobs. Maybe an opposite color version of this:

6l-tl-gold-black-anodized.jpg

Would look classy to me. :2c:

shikamaru

Reaction score
It might actually be lower cost on production as you run the whole guitar in one go on the CNC instead of having two different pieces like a bolt on.

No, because what matters is the overall size of the surface the CNC operates on. The bigger the surface the more expensive it is. Doing bolt-on is by far cheaper. Plus if you split the body and neck you could for instance CNC several necks at the same time (see Carvin factory tour) or several bodies. Since the dimensions are rectangular it wastes less space.

It’s not the case here, but in the case of TOM bridges where the neck is at an angle (around 3°) it’s quite tricky to get the thing through a CNC. Check out the video Music Man made for the Armada, you’ll see what I’m talking about.

[EDIT] Actually, the space waste point might not necessarily be true, the wings could be CNC’d apart from the body and glued afterwards. I remember Rickenbacker does this where the neck extends much longer into the body than a usual bolt-on neck, my bad

Stooge1996

Reaction score
Uploaded 2hrs ago from B music. All i can say is WOW

10629606_820607371329594_2350975466556870918_n.jpg

EDIT : Looks like possible sig pickups? and maybe a new body style too? Hannes looks great! It is known as the ESP LTD JR-608

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Uploaded 2hrs ago from B music. All i can say is WOW

10629606_820607371329594_2350975466556870918_n.jpg

EDIT : Looks like possible sig pickups? and maybe a new body style too? Hannes looks great! It is known as the ESP LTD JR-608

You've been ninja'd on this one I'm afraid :D I posted it 2 days ago :wavey:

Higgs

Reaction score
Not really my cup o' tea either, although I can definitely recognize how cool of a guitar it is. The one really nice thing is the way that body is offset, it looks like it'll be helpful with balancing out that neck more than his Carvin or Ibanez guitars.

Also the bridge saddles being black with a gold base is pretty cool. Gold saddles always seem to wear through the plating in less than a year in my experience, which has always been pretty lame. The Hannes is a good-looking fix.

dudeskin

Reaction score
More pics on his Instagram. Can't link to it at the moment but worth a look.

')