Javier Reyes officially with ESP guitars, signature 8-string on the way

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I dont like the all gold tuners too much but I love gold hardware when its mixed with black hardware like that

That thick stripe down the center neck really looks like a Rosewood, either that or a Mahogany.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Sweet guitar, but I have yet to see ANY guitar with gold hardware that I would actually buy. To me, gold hardware looks cheesy as fvck on anything.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Madddd mixed feelings about that headstock. That said, the rest of the specs look killer. Hopefully my local music store will get one in so I can mess around with using a Hannes.

Also, $1500 for MIK w/ Hannes and a unique design seems like a pretty fair price IMO.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
No, because what matters is the overall size of the surface the CNC operates on. The bigger the surface the more expensive it is. Doing bolt-on is by far cheaper. Plus if you split the body and neck you could for instance CNC several necks at the same time (see Carvin factory tour) or several bodies. Since the dimensions are rectangular it wastes less space.

[EDIT] Actually, the space waste point might not necessarily be true, the wings could be CNC’d apart from the body and glued afterwards. I remember Rickenbacker does this where the neck extends much longer into the body than a usual bolt-on neck, my bad

I can run an entire neck thru guitar on my table and have to move it once - when i flip it over. Rob from KxK does this as well I believe. That's a LOT less time used up with minimal interaction with the machine.

I have never seen a CNC that is capable of cutting the full length of the guitar be unable to accomodate the Y axis width of the piece.

Source: I build guitars with a CNC.

Last edited:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
There are two versions of this guitar on the way. The lower end version that we have not seen pics of yet but Ive held in my hands is all black neck and body, bolt on, ESP pickups, 27", and made in Indonesia. Also, the high spec version sounded really good last night live. It had a very unique distinct chunky low end growl.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
You could also have ruled it out by saying "About time ESP releases a budget baritone 8-string with a pickup layout that makes sense."

TonyGD

The (other) Dude
Reaction score
You're one rich motherfvcker if $1100 is budget.

I'm just saying think about how the TAM 100 is $4k and the 10 "budget model" for that is $1300
Budget model ESP can't mean higher end LTD??? In my defense that's the official Website's new price, so of course street price/used knock a few hundred bucks off, not bad price for those specs...Most LTD signature models are around that price new. Not saying that it's not still expensive...but I'd say that its budget in comparison their ESP Signature model counterparts...
I understand LTD has a budget line in itself as well, and it would be great to see that series get a baritone model too instead of 8 strings with 25.5 :idea:

Perhaps I'm wrong for thinking budget was a fitting word but making a $1000 or less version of a guitar that otherwise would cost 2x that price is their way of making it affordable, and that's all I was trying to point out.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the JR-608. I'm talking about the possible JR-208 (which will also have a 27'' neck). From what Leonardo is describing, it'll be in line with the SC-207, which was around $400 - $500. THAT'S a budget guitar. :lol:

stevexc

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the JR-608. I'm talking about the possible JR-208 (which will also have a 27'' neck). From what Leonardo is describing, it'll be in line with the SC-207, which was around $400 - $500. THAT'S a budget guitar. :lol:

WELL FINE I'M WRONG :p

That would definitely be a smart move to put one on the market.

TonyGD

The (other) Dude
Reaction score

:lol: u right my bad dude, when you first said ESP, I didn't know you were referring to the LTD budget line. When I think ESP I think about the standard models, the E-II Series, and the Custom Shop that made the friggin Angel Sword guitar. :scratch:

Nonetheless, I'm definitely happy to see that Javier is getting a sig! Great to see that the LTD budget line will be getting a baritone 8. I never really understood why the LTD budget line made 8 strings with 25.5. Perhaps they make those guitars with beginners (to ERG) in mind. Even though scale length is kind of subjective too, since some people end up getting heavier gauge string packs and shop for single strings anyways.

Rant over, but story time: A little over a year ago I was lucky enough to find an LTD 607b for a little bit under $700, in the discontinued natural gloss finish too so I had to get it. Had to part ways with my 7321 to get it, and that was my transition from 25.5 to baritone. :hbang:

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
Saw him playing with his ltd 8 last week and damn... His new strandberg looked A-MAZING.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Ive held in my hands is all black neck and body, bolt on, ESP pickups, 27", and made in Indonesia.

Here we all are drooling over this thing and praising their inclusion of the Hannes bridge... and this dude shows up and tells us he held the budget model without the decency to at least let us know what bridge was on the dang thing! :noplease:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Here we all are drooling over this thing and praising their inclusion of the Hannes bridge... and this dude shows up and tells us he held the budget model without the decency to at least let us know what bridge was on the dang thing! :noplease:

Hipshot :yesway:

')