Javier Reyes Signature ESP coming next year

• Thread starter xwmucradiox
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
ESP posted this photo to Instagram a little earlier today. Those AAL boys sure like their figured woods and gold hardware. Looks like a carbon fiber look guard to match the truss rod cover is likely as well since all Javier's stuff seems to have a guard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Well if there's ever been a timeless and classy combination of materials, it'd have to be quilt maple and carbon fiber and gold hardware and cream binding and white binding.

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
Javier has awesome taste in guitars. Wonder if he'll go with the standard 27" or longer since AAL is going to C# on some songs.

Anyways, 8 string mystique with black quilt top, gold hardware and possible/probable carbon pickguard? Tasty. Different, a little flashy, but not trashy.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
448.jpg

Mattykoda

Reaction score
LTD as well, I am curious to see the price but I want to see the rest of the guitar first

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
LTD as well, I am curious to see the price but I want to see the rest of the guitar first

Well it will likely have a signature set of pickups from someone and some good solid hardware. Roughly around the price of the Ben Weinman sig would probably be good estimate. If its under $1000 I would be surprised.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
awesome!, Javier trully deserves it :yesway:

not sure about the carbon fiber, I think it looks good on the truss-rod cover, but more than that would be overkill IMO
but still, I'll gladly take a new 8 string that isn't flat black by ESP/LTD. Ibanez and Schecter already got that shit solved up a few years ago

Well if there's ever been a timeless and classy combination of materials, it'd have to be quilt maple and carbon fiber and gold hardware and cream binding and white binding.

:rofl:

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
If its an 8 of something like this I will be very very happy...I might even need an 8 string

ESP-MYSTIQUE-CTM-MARBL.jpg

Omura

Reaction score
the mystique is a carved top though, how are we imagining a carbon fibre pickguard on it?
Or are we imagining a flat top?

MoshJosh

Reaction score
^^^ I was kind of wondering the same thing, I'm hoping their isn't one, but his Strandberg has an out of place pick guard (ok thats totally just my opinion but. . . ) so maybe his sig will have one.

If so I hope they stick with the carved top and do a Les Paul style raised guard. . .

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
All we have is a headstock now. You never know what the body will look like. He was playing a horizon before so a carved top is probably likely.

')