Javier Reyes Signature ESP coming next year

• Thread starter xwmucradiox
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Can't say I'm a fan of it. Looks a bit "chubby" and bulky, if that makes sense. The headstock seems huge, too. And yes, just like the Tosin Ibby, it appears to have a bit too much going on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hind

Reaction score
Not bad, actually. I like the odd look as Javier is also a not a "regular guy". Hopefully the price tag will be in line with the LTD pricing.

However, if I had bucket loads of cash I would prefer his 8-string classical guitar from Ortega that had been announced earlier this year. What a stunner that is!

csm_JRSM_COS_FRONT_cb206f2121.png

csm_JRSM_COS_BACK_33aa940fad.png

A while ago Javier posted a video with this guitar on his Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3izFZf99z8

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
It looks like a less edgy Horizon-III with a...different...headstock. It's a weird one, but it definitely works on that guitar.

I hope there are some pics in normal light soon!

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
schaller hannes on an import what omg

edit: absolutely thrilled that there isnt a carbon fiber pickguard

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Why do artists think that having an incredibly busy looking guitar looks good?

Minus the inlays, it looks great.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Schaller Hannes and the new pickups likely make this a very expensive guitar. Probably on par with the M80M pricewise I'd wager.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
Schaller Hannes and the new pickups likely make this a very expensive guitar. Probably on par with the M80M pricewise I'd wager.

idk if itll be that much, 1500$ish is E-II territory but we'll see

edit: and what woods are used for the neck i wonder?

MoshJosh

Reaction score
I could do without the carbon fiber and inlays but overall I DIG IT!

As mentioned above I'm wondering what this thing will cost. With the bridge and pups I can't imagine it being budget friendly haha and if it is in E-II territory price wise it may get passed up by folks that would rather have an MIJ model

I could see them doing a version with a hipshot though, and that could shave some off the cost. But hey what do I know

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Welp, well this is going to take a chunk out of my student loan...

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Aesthetically it's just too busy-looking for me to get into it. That being said, ERG Hannes bridge is always a cool thing so I'd love to see that refusal to do OEM 7 and 8 string versions go away. :lol: I still think that headstock doesn't match the body at all, but ESP has put some really funky headstocks that ruin otherwise-awesome guitars on a lot of pieces in the past so it's not necessarily shocking to me. :rofl:

I'm a fan of the Horizon III too, so I don't even think it's the body shape itself, just the sum of the parts of this guitar making it really odd-looking. As I said before the carbon fiber looks WAY out of place on this thing too, could have done without it entirely IMHO. :2c:

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
I could do without the carbon fiber, but F---ing love the rest of the guitar. A little over the top, but not cheesy. Depending on the price I might not be able to resist it.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
The good news? The only carbon fiber bit that is really outstanding is the truss rod cover, which is very, very easily removed/replaced. I uually leave the truss rod covers off on my guitars anyways.

shikamaru

Reaction score
Schaller Hannes wow the price tag will be stellar on this :s

')