Javier Reyes Signature ESP coming next year

• Thread starter xwmucradiox
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Is it me, or does the inlay say JR-608?

Either this implies that there's going to be a 6 and 7-string version or that there will be different tiers of quality.

...Or I could be over-seeing things and it's just because he picked that name. :lol:

EDIT: I'd imagine this'll be the same price, if not, slightly cheaper than the TAM10. I'd also imagine this'll stomp the TAM10 quality-wise. I tried one last week and it felt almost exactly like an RG8. :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
That's just a standard ESP name based on features. 600 level sig model with 8 strings and the players initials. Javier doesn't play 6 or 7 strings so I cant imagine they would release irrelevant smaller versions of this guitar.

stevexc

Reaction score
Not for sigs - lately they've only been using the level designations (600, 200, etc) if there are multiple versions of a sig. There'll likely be an LTD (LTD JR-608) and an ESP (ESP Javier Reyes), just like with the Gus G., Rob Caggiano, Will Adler, etc.

Probably won't be non-8-string versions though.

putnut77

Reaction score
Seems weird to make a non 8 string version of the sig model since he only plays 8 strings in the band

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Not for sigs - lately they've only been using the level designations (600, 200, etc) if there are multiple versions of a sig. There'll likely be an LTD (LTD JR-608) and an ESP (ESP Javier Reyes), just like with the Gus G., Rob Caggiano, Will Adler, etc.

Probably won't be non-8-string versions though.

Yup, that's what I was going at. A lot of the guys that have just a single LTD sig don't have triple-digit model names (AW-7, BW-1, AS-1, etc...) while the guys with multiple LTDs or an LTD + ESP sig have the triple-digit models.

But if they made 6 and 7-string versions, that would be ....ing insane. :eek: Like I said, I really doubt it, but maaan I want a LTD Mystique. :(

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Javier posted those photos on his Instagram and called it a JR608. Read into that what you will.

As much as I like the Mystique shape, I don't like it as an 8.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Regardless of what I said earlier, it's great to see a neck through, affordable and quality 8 string with a hannes bridge. Not saying I would buy it, but those features are great.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
gaudy as shit and all I love it!
would definitely dig it more without the gold tuners and knobs, but those are easily replaced
and I don't play 8's, and I've never felt the need for one for my band or the stuff I write, but Im slooooooooooooooowly getting some gas for one

')