Jazz piano (all things jazz piano :D)

Luna Lee

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post this thread but all these jazz threads are usually for guitarists and I couldn't find any pianist really on this forum :p
Here is cool little video I have with some experimental jazzy ideas, I play this cool F minor 11 and G# suspended 2nd scale at around 0:46 thats quite fun :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1itvcQF013o

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AugmentedFourth

X:1 K:C [c^f]|
Reaction score
Hey, I really enjoyed that video. Some of the arpeggios and bass movements you used in the first half really caught my attention. Unfortunately I have yet to teach myself piano, heh. So I don't have much to contribute. But I guess my go-to guy for jazz piano (besides Tigran Hamasyan :wub: :wub:) is Bill Evans.

Luna Lee

Reaction score
Hey, I really enjoyed that video. Some of the arpeggios and bass movements you used in the first half really caught my attention. Unfortunately I have yet to teach myself piano, heh. So I don't have much to contribute. But I guess my go-to guy for jazz piano (besides Tigran Hamasyan :wub: :wub:) is Bill Evans.

thanks :D I wasn't expecting to find many other pianist since this is mainly a forum for guitarist :p also that Bill Evans song was great :scream:

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Tigran Hamasyan is definitely the king of piano for me, but I wouldn't go about saying what he does fits into the jazz category so much as it is super eclectic.

That being said, another big favourite of mine is Esbjorn Svensson:

Love this man's work so much, such a shame he was taken so early.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Monk. That is all.

HEADER_monk.jpg

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
So was I! Her form was fantastic. There were times when she was playing "through" the piano, and there were times when she was "hitting" the piano (as well as many other more delicate moments).

Luna Lee

Reaction score
So was I! Her form was fantastic. There were times when she was playing "through" the piano, and there were times when she was "hitting" the piano (as well as many other more delicate moments).

I love her more weird pieces and other jazz experimental pianist that are basically hitting the piano at times like Chick Corea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Dn4Ipu8n8

')