Jeff loomis diezel booth musikmesse

• Thread starter IAMLORDVADER
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Are my ears messed up or was he using little gain and he was still able to shred like a mofo? This guy is too good! This is probably the most intriguing video I've seen in a while hahaha Loomis + BlackMachine + Diezel = Universe imploding... It has already started.

Also, whose B2 is that in the beginning? So many WTF's coming from this video.

Im so proud to say that the Blonde B7 he plays at 1:10 is my new baby! Cant wait to get her, this is my first time sneaking a peek at her!

Any idea when you're getting your hands on her/posting NGD pictures? I'm dying to see it in all its glory. :eek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
When I return home I'm gonna post a video in which me, Fred The Shred and Doug Campbell himself are playing this amazing B7! And even some other good Blackmachine news ;)

Misha, are you 100% sure this is your B7? Doug told me Jeff was very interested in buying it, but Doug is going to build him a new custom one instead. I asked him about buying it and he said there was "a guy downstairs" (I suppose Fred, who after came up to shred it!) who was going to buy it, and it was practically "already sold" to him. Maybe I just misunderstood?

Anyway, the guitar totally slays, but expect something very different from your B2 tonally! Today I've had the pleasure to play Doug's B2 which is the twin sister of yours, and they were night and day, but both amazing in their ways.

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
If anyone's interested, this B7 has Aftermaths, mahogany body with maple top (it was a three layer sandwich, don't know what there was in the middle), gorgeous white ebony fretboard, and if I'm not mistaken mahogany neck with ebony fillets.

The B2 is the same as Misha's one, but with Cocobolo fretboard (Doug says he has enough brazilian rw for just another fretboard).

Btw, the new Diezel Hagen totally destroys everything, it's a beautiful sounding amp, I didn't like the VH4 that much, but loved the Herbert and the Hagen, the last one being suited to warmer sound, but still delivers the Br00t. Tried the new ENGL Viktor Smolski head, didn't like it, it felt "too" tight and digital sounding, even if it's obviously a tube amp.

bulb

Reaction score
When I return home I'm gonna post a video in which me, Fred The Shred and Doug Campbell himself are playing this amazing B7! And even some other good Blackmachine news ;)

Misha, are you 100% sure this is your B7? Doug told me Jeff was very interested in buying it, but Doug is going to build him a new custom one instead. I asked him about buying it and he said there was "a guy downstairs" (I suppose Fred, who after came up to shred it!) who was going to buy it, and it was practically "already sold" to him. Maybe I just misunderstood? Hehe. :)

Anyway, the guitar totally slays, but expect something very different from your B2 tonally! Today I've had the pleasure to play Doug's B2 which is the twin sister of yours, and they were night and day, but both amazing in their ways.

I believe it is, it has the specs i ordered down to the aftermaths with black covers and Nolly told me that it was mine. Put a deposit down on it well over a year ago (or maybe longer?)
I suspect that Doug will send it out to me as soon as he is back from the Messe and i plan on using it heavily on album 2 seeing as how the B2 was the star of the show on our first one!

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
I believe it is, it has the specs i ordered down to the aftermaths with black covers and Nolly told me that it was mine. Put a deposit down on it well over a year ago (or maybe longer?)
I suspect that Doug will send it out to me as soon as he is back from the Messe and i plan on using it heavily on album 2 seeing as how the B2 was the star of the show on our first one!

The B7 imho is way more modern sounding and in your face than the B2, I preferred the B2 since it had a bit more clarity and presence (the leads were outstanding) but the B7 was an absolute beast as well! You'll be surely amazed (no surprise hehe) :shred: :D

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Im so proud to say that the Blonde B7 he plays at 1:10 is my new baby! Cant wait to get her, this is my first time sneaking a peek at her!

Well then you are about to possess the nicest blackmachine I have ever seen!

Guitarman700

Reaction score
In addition to being one of the most tastefully insane guitarists on the planet, Jeff is a really nice, humble guy, too.

bulb

Reaction score
The B7 imho is way more modern sounding and in your face than the B2, I preferred the B2 since it had a bit more clarity and presence (the leads were outstanding) but the B7 was an absolute beast as well! You'll be surely amazed (no surprise hehe) :shred: :D

Haha you basically just described how i would describe the difference between the coldsweat in a 6 and the aftermath in a 7, it sounds like it will be EXACTLY what i wanted!! So happy to hear that!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I love how rustic yet perfect Blackmachines look. Like something crafted by some people of a far away land who have been doing it for thousands of years in total isolation.

Valknut

Banned
Reaction score
I wish i heard something completely new and unheard of in the lead department from loomis. Not to belittle the stuff he can play or anything. I just feel like when i watch his new videos i think to myself "wait havent i seen this video before?" and then i realize that i am just hearing the lick from his "betcha cant play this" video, or the diminished pattern from the river dragon has come, or the same sweeping stuff he used in the sanity assassin solo or the psalm of lydia. and im like hmm, if i hadn't seen this video, i dont think i would have missed out on anything. other than a new amp tone, or a new pickup that makes the same old licks have even more treble and midrange and even less bass, lol. I always look on youtube for a new pattern, sequence, or scale position from loomis and i never seem to find it.

Oh well, I guess all i have to do is wait half an hour for someone to get pissed at my post and prove me wrong by posting some video of him playing something different. haha

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
I really like the head stock on it. Its so different than most guitar companies. Almost like an upside down Parker headstock. Cant wait to hear clips of you playing it Bulb!!! Then we can ask, does it djent? Haha had to go there! I need to research blackmachine more, I know nothing about them but thanks for getting me interested!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I really like the head stock on it. Its so different than most guitar companies. Almost like an upside down Parker headstock. Cant wait to hear clips of you playing it Bulb!!! Then we can ask, does it djent? Haha had to go there! I need to research blackmachine more, I know nothing about them but thanks for getting me interested!

Research, and you'll realise why its funny you said that. :lol:

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
This is the only crappy cellphone pic I have, will upload vidz n pics once I return home. Sorry for the ugly faces, these guitars are way more beautiful than me and Fred haha!

Photo%20apr%2010%2C%202%2023%2056.jpg

Anyway, Doug shreds!!! I didn't expect it but he's a really solid player :shred:

')