Jeff loomis diezel booth musikmesse

• Thread starter IAMLORDVADER
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish i heard something completely new and unheard of in the lead department from loomis. Not to belittle the stuff he can play or anything. I just feel like when i watch his new videos i think to myself "wait havent i seen this video before?" and then i realize that i am just hearing the lick from his "betcha cant play this" video, or the diminished pattern from the river dragon has come, or the same sweeping stuff he used in the sanity assassin solo or the psalm of lydia. and im like hmm, if i hadn't seen this video, i dont think i would have missed out on anything. other than a new amp tone, or a new pickup that makes the same old licks have even more treble and midrange and even less bass, lol. I always look on youtube for a new pattern, sequence, or scale position from loomis and i never seem to find it.

Oh well, I guess all i have to do is wait half an hour for someone to get pissed at my post and prove me wrong by posting some video of him playing something different. haha

He wasn't teaching a clinic or anything. He was probably just walking around and jamming on stuff. Likely didn't even know or care that they were filiming it. Since they mention the Schecter booth in the interview I doubt that he knew that was going to be paired with his interview with the German dude. I can see Schecter and Engl not being all too thrilled that Loomis is being interviewed at Musicmesse playing a Blackmachine through a Deizel. :lol:

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Thanks to the ever useful you tube I realize, yes, in fact it does djent. But also sounds great at everything else I have heard it play!!

I think he was referring more to the fact that, as bulb stated in this very thread, the first Periphery album was recorded largely with a different blackmachine.

Are my ears messed up or was he using little gain and he was still able to shred like a mofo? This guy is too good!
You really don't need a ton of gain to shred.

AChRush1349

Causal Anomalie
Reaction score
Misha, stop owning every single beautiful guitar i've ever had hot sticky fantasies about. It's really just getting depressing

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Yeah I read that and had to hear it for myself. Im a believer of black machine now!!

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I could be mistaken, misha, but Doug was finishing yours (he has a few of these in the works and this example is the tweaker) apparently, and I was to get that one, but it may have been 4 days of loud demo'ing killing my brain, to be frank.

bulb

Reaction score
I could be mistaken, misha, but Doug was finishing yours (he has a few of these in the works and this example is the tweaker) apparently, and I was to get that one, but it may have been 4 days of loud demo'ing killing my brain, to be frank.

Well its possible that there is an exact twin of that guitar that is mine then that is still being worked on then! Either way im excited!

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score

I've just checked one of the vids I've shot and Fred might be correct, Doug is basically saying this...Maybe Doug has just built twin B7s like his B2 and yours;)

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
him playing jason beckers 11 blue egyptions at :30 gave me an instant erection!!!

ToniS

Chool Whhhip
Reaction score
Is that a string tree/dampener on the B7 around the 3rd tuning peg? Is it there so you wouldn't have to use black foam behind the nut to dampen the ring?

Excellent video!

Imalwayscold

Is actually warm
Reaction score
Awesome gear being played by an awesome guitarist? Great video! His face at 1:11 when he gets the chug on just before playing bleed is pretty funny.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Well its possible that there is an exact twin of that guitar that is mine then that is still being worked on then! Either way im excited!

You should be, mate - magnificent combo there: for hard pickers like us, it has so many textures on offer it isn't even funny. It's a guitar that really rewards precision and dynamics control. :)

Also, that is a dampener prototype, codenamed "hairband", and it comes with real hair! :lol:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
You really don't need a ton of gain to shred.

Oh yes, you're absolutely right. But it's harder to shred without a lot gain while making it sound clear, and Loomis is a guitarist who usually uses a lot of gain. Thus proving his amazing technique :)

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
Are my ears messed up or was he using little gain and he was still able to shred like a mofo? This guy is too good!

I've got 5 rated power tubes in my Powerball and put my gain to about 1 o'clock and thats more then enough gain for a shred tone for me. It's really just more about how cleanly you pick try practicing your licks on your clean channel. I've been doing that for like 8 years now works for me.

Never much liked diezel tone but the things loomis was just playing were damn sexy. Need more jeff loomis blackmachine videos lol.

Also misha I've been thinking about enduring the waiting list on a blackmachine how perfectly do they play?

::edit::

Oh yes, you're absolutely right. But it's harder to shred without a lot gain while making it sound clear, and Loomis is a guitarist who usually uses a lot of gain. Thus proving his amazing technique :)

That's just 707s tricking you into thinking theres alot of gain.

bulb

Reaction score
Also misha I've been thinking about enduring the waiting list on a blackmachine how perfectly do they play?

They will be very difficult to get now as he is no longer taking custom orders anymore, so he will build guitars and give right of first refusal to people on the waiting list in order.

To me, they are the ultimate guitar, but at the end of the day, its just a guitar so it might not be the same for someone else. But for me, i havent played a guitar that sounds, plays or feels as good, nor have i found one that is as inspiring to play, so i love mine to death!

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Simply put, I'll echo Misha's sentiment, with an added consideration: customers want different responses from their BM's, and Doug is very sensitive regarding your playing style. The first 2 BM's I tried were fabulous instruments, yet they weren't "my" thing in terms of how the guitar and I interacted, as the customers favoured a treblier sound in a way. The B7 here and Doug's own B2, however, fit me perfectly in terms of desired traits, from tone to how they fight back or give in in relation to my own playing dynamics - there is a reason I've always said it isn't just picking up random Blackmachine and extrapolating from there. :)

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Simply put, I'll echo Misha's sentiment, with an added consideration: customers want different responses from their BM's, and Doug is very sensitive regarding your playing style. The first 2 BM's I tried were fabulous instruments, yet they weren't "my" thing in terms of how the guitar and I interacted, as the customers favoured a treblier sound in a way. The B7 here and Doug's own B2, however, fit me perfectly in terms of desired traits, from tone to how they fight back or give in in relation to my own playing dynamics - there is a reason I've always said it isn't just picking up random Blackmachine and extrapolating from there. :)

It saddens me to say that, since I "just" own a B6, but every BM I've tried felt so natural to me, so comfy in my hands it's just unbelievable. Doug's B2 expecially was so clear that even in the vidz I'm going to post, despite the compression, the tonal difference is immediate. The sound and the guitar itself were PURE.

')