Jeff Loomis FR-7 Signature Guitar

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is the guitar I currently own, and I'm considering updating. I was hoping I could get some recommendations on a more versatile model (I'm thinking something without a Floyd Rose for now).

Just so you have an idea of the style I play before recommending, check out this quick 50-second video of my music (it's mostly slap guitar action).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jugh0Q6ypsg

Thanks!

----

www.facebook.com/AlbertoMenezesMusic

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
Really impressive technique. What kind if price range are you shooting for?

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
This kind of widely accepted, modern, world style playing always freaks me out! You all execute it so seemlessly and naturally that I sometimes feel like I may be doing something wrong in my own playing lol!!!!

Well done! Clealy, you need some kind of hopped-up, headless marauder with a baritone scale and fanned fret spread. Your chops absolutely demand it!

soylentgreene

Reaction score
Get whatever you want lol You're awesome. But I liked seeing that kind of style on a Loomis. Nice video.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with EBMM, but I'd also recommend a Kiesel or Carvin 7-string.

FWIW I have a Loomis and it's probably my fav guitar I own, even though I have many others that cost a lot more, or have more "prestige". With that said, Carvin/Kiesel offers semi-custom guitars for stock guitar prices. I just bought an SCB7 for half of what I spent on my JEMs, an it easily outplays them and has better tone IMO. And it definitely slays any Ibby 7 I've owned, including 1077XLs and Universes.

Ultimately, I'd determine my budget and try and play different models (perhaps an online retailer with free returns? ;)) to see what fits my needs and desires.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is the guitar I currently own, and I'm considering updating. I was hoping I could get some recommendations on a more versatile model (I'm thinking something without a Floyd Rose for now).

Just so you have an idea of the style I play before recommending, check out this quick 50-second video of my music (it's mostly slap guitar action).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jugh0Q6ypsg

Thanks!

----

www.facebook.com/AlbertoMenezesMusic

Hey man, i'm looking to buy a Schecter JL-7, what can you tell me about it? Your impressions, is it comfortable? I've been told it's a great and versatile guitar. Please give me your point of view.
Regarding your question, have you tried any ESP or Carvin?

e7lek

Reaction score
Hey man, i'm looking to buy a Schecter JL-7, what can you tell me about it? Your impressions, is it comfortable? I've been told it's a great and versatile guitar. Please give me your point of view.
Regarding your question, have you tried any ESP or Carvin?

I own it, the pick ups are crappy (no feel to them). but the guitar feels great and looks amazing. Holds tune extemely well but if i could go back id get the fixed bridge just so tuning down or up would be easier. If you really this guitar but you really want good sound get it and get a set of pick ups :lol: this is all my opinion, maybe other people think differently.

Latest posts

')