Jeff Loomis leaves Nevermore

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd love a new metal supergroup, such as Loomis, Nick Menza, Phil Anselmo and Jason Newsted, but i doubt it will ever happen :(

3/4 of that group would be super. 1/4 would be useless.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright, so we got Jeff Loomis and Peter Lindgren on guitars, Van Williams on drums, Kristoffer Gildenlow on bass, Per Wiberg on keys, and Christian Alvestam on vocals.

I'd fuckin see that.

Yeah, no shit. That *would* be a supergroup. :yesway:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I personally am not too bothered about this, as while musically Nevermore are great I could never get past the cheesy vocals (Same issue with Dream Theatre). Loomis' solo work is great, so if they can find a more ballsy, heavy sounding vocalist then I'd probably listen. I'm not saying someone who screams all the time, but someone with aggression. I rarely find that with the Nevermore sorta vocals.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that Warrel could be really awesome in a power metal context?

Warrel Dane - Vocals
Luca Turilli - Guitar
Kai Hansen - Guitar
Michael Weikath - Rhythm Guitar
Marco Hietala - Bass
Vadim Prhuzonov(sp?)-Keyboard/Synth
Tony Portimo - Drums
And a symphony orchestra.

And Jeff could probably be awesome in an Slayer-esque thrash metal band.

Tom Araya - Vocals and Bass
Jeff Loomis - Lead Guitar
Scott Ian - Rhythm Guitar
Van Williams - Drums

Also epic.

EDIT-I just realised how enormous my dream power metal band would be(including a full orchestra)...I stand by it, though.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that Warrel could be really awesome in a power metal context?

Warrel Dane - Vocals
Luca Turilli - Guitar
Kai Hansen - Guitarhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Weikath
Michael Weikath - Rhythm Guitar
Marco Hietala - Bass
Vadim Prhuzonov(sp?)-Keyboard/Synth
Tony Portimo - Drums

And Jeff could probably be awesome in an Slayer-esque thrash metal band.

Tom Araya - Vocals and Bass
Jeff Loomis - Lead Guitar
Scott Ian - Rhythm Guitar
Van Williams - Drums

Also epic.

I think you're selling both of them short, actually.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I think no matter how hard we guess none of these "dream" groups or line ups are going to come close to what actually happens - but hey, keep those imagination active kiddies! haha

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn this really sucks. Am I the only one that can see Megadave getting ready to fire Broderick and try to hire Loomis?

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Honestly, i'm alright with this... i mean, Jeff Loomis IS Nevermore! Even if he's not IN Nevermore, he's going to be delivering us all some great music anyway. Plus, he'll probably be doing without that horrible vocalist anyway, so it can only get better.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Damn this really sucks. Am I the only one that can see Megadave getting ready to fire Broderick and try to hire Loomis?
Jeff Loomis is so powerful that he will fire Dave Mustaine from his own band and in turn, replace him.

Edit: Megamore? lol

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score

No chance. Borderick is the perfect guy for 'Deth, since he plays the old stuff like the recordings. Jeff is too, well, "Jeff" for that, I think.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
No chance. Borderick is the perfect guy for 'Deth, since he plays the old stuff like the recordings. Jeff is too, well, "Jeff" for that, I think.
Too melodic, and too epic sounding on his solos, different than what megadeth does.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I love Jeff Loomis, but I couldn't really get into his solo record, it felt like the Nevermore songs that Nevermade it. I hope he does something better with his time, because he is the reason I picked up a 7, and I would hate to see his talents go to waste, as they did in the latest album. As for Warrel, I'm excited to see what he does next, as I love his voice.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Nevermore isn't Nevermore without Jeff OR Warrel. Like those guys or not, they're the building blocks of the band. Without Jeff I'm sure Nevermore can continue on, it just won't be the same though.

And while Jeff's solo efforts are pretty good, I would definitely not listen to them 24/7 like I do to Nevermore.

Opeth666

Reaction score
Jeff Loomis...the only Man alive to roundhouse kick K.O Chuck Norris with a blistering 10 second diminished arpeggio

Basically Loomis is Norris's Kryptonite.

and on another note, I feel kind of bad for Attila having to go through this, especially being the new guy.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Question: Is Atilla the guitar player the same Atilla that cut vocals on a Tesseract tune like 5 years ago?

troyguitar

Reaction score
Plus, he'll probably be doing without that horrible vocalist anyway, so it can only get better.

:lol:

Yeah Warrel is such a shitty singer. :nuts:

Will we ever get past this bullshit? The fucker is a better singer than damn near everyone in a non-power metal band. He's actually got some formal training too :eek:

You might prefer something else, but he's about as far from horrible as one can get. If you want to hear horrible listen to some of the current wimpy auto-tuned clean singing in 95% of -core bands! Katy Perry has more power than those guys.

')