Jeff Loomis leaves Nevermore

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually agree with both of you, some may say I am feeling... Ambivalent.

:lol:

oh_you.jpg

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
nevermore is a typical polarizing band, first you got fast complex riffs and song structures, which turn some people off, then you got warrel, either love or hate him, both together... either you think of nevermore to be "good to awesome" or atrocious

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I feel like even if Nevermore puts an album out without Loomis, The Final Product might end up being Insignificant. But in the end I don't know What Tomorrow Knows, so we'll have to wait for A Future Uncertain. But still, it all feels like a Bittersweet Feast in the end.

Cmv120

Reaction score
I think it's simply a case of this being the premier sevenstring forum, there will be a lot of kids that got into sevens because of Loomis.

He's exactly what possessed me to get a seven string xD It was mainly because I learned the Born lead :shred:, and I wanted to experience how satisfying it would feel to finish that lead and go into the main riff after those sexyazz squeals. It gives me chills when I play it xD

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I know, right? Feels like this argument has been going forever as Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday...

Thats because yesterday doesn't know What Tomorrow Knows...

... Ok thats probably enough of that.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
I do too (though mainly his singing, I couldn't care less about the lyrics), I was trying to convey popular opinion though - there is no popular modern metal band with "80s" singing today. It doesn't sell as well as the angry sound of a Slipknot/Killswitch/whatever in this country.

Being a child of the 80s (born '74) I still love Dane's vox (as well as others like Geoff Tate, Doro Pesch (sp?), etc...). I personally HATE the vox styles of a lot of the metal out now. Not knocking that it takes talent, but it's just not within my realm of preference. The only "growling" I like is Sepultura.

That being said....this is major suck. I just got tickets a week or so ago for here in ATL and now I have to watch SymphonyX w/out NM & Loomis....SUCK...was the only reason I was going (that & Powerglove is just too awesome to miss).

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
So listening to the track Attila wrote, I get the feeling that perhaps Jeff was waiting for a guitarist good enough to take over before he left? Check it out:

FXA 01 by Attila Vörös on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Still sounds 100% like Nevermore!

:ugh: its nice I suppose....a bit uninspired though. Of course maybe the song could completely change with vocals thrown in, but there wasn't a single part in there that remotely impressed me or really got my attention.

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score
So listening to the track Attila wrote, I get the feeling that perhaps Jeff was waiting for a guitarist good enough to take over before he left? Check it out:

FXA 01 by Attila Vörös on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Still sounds 100% like Nevermore!

It definitely has a nevermore feel to it, I'm on the fence though. I might have felt that way about a bunch of other nevermore songs though if i heard them without vocals, I'm not sure. I'm definitely more interested in the future of nevermore now though than I was upon hearing that Jeff and Van left. Maybe they still have a chance after all.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
I really like it!

I agree. When they first announced that he was the new addition to the band, I checked out his songs on his myspace (or maybe it was his youtube? i forgot) and came to the same conclusion... his playing/writing style is spot on for the position.

I say add Steve Smyth and I'd be up for it... if not they need to get ahold of Paul Wardingham. :idea:

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
I generally think it's pointless to debate whether a musician is or isn't good, and why or why not...

...but I'm vain and human enough to want to weigh in! :lol:

After really listening to Nevermore in the last few months, I've realized that Warrell Dane has a great voice... and I don't care for how he uses it. That's just me, saying "I would do things differently"... and to be honest, I think HE could do more and be better.

Having said that, I hope he goes forward with Nevermore (healthily!) and Jeff gets his own thing going... I know I will be watching both projects with great anticipation!

')