Jeff Loomis leaves Nevermore

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Fire Chris....thafuck:nuts: ? Am I the only one that would prefer Broderick over Loomis anyday (with do disrespect to Jeff, of course).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't say it would be a good move. Or that I wanted it to happen. I can just see Mustaine doing something like that.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I LOVE Loomis, but I hope he does something in a band setting. His solo stuff really didn't do it for me either. It was technically great of course, but not something I can listen to a ton of. Warrell's solo stuff on the other hand was great, but I think that had a lot to do with the involvement of Pete Witchers, and Witchers needs to stay right where he belongs... In Soilwork.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
what the fuck??!?!!!

damn, this just ruined my day. funny i put on my nevermore shirt this morning and i havent worn it for months. i take that back, its NOT funny!! :scream:

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Question: Is Atilla the guitar player the same Atilla that cut vocals on a Tesseract tune like 5 years ago?

I may ask him, but I don't remember ever seeing Attila doing vocal stuff, to be frank! He's Hungarian, and unless he happened to be in the UK at the time, I'd probably see him playing the guitar as opposed to singing. His name is Attila Vöros, if you care to check.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Have you checked out the earlier material? If not, I recommend checking out Politics and DNB, which are both miles away from the newer stuff in terms of tone and mood.

For sure... Warrel still had the theatrical vocals on these, but he seemed to have better control over them in the earlier material.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
:

Will we ever get past this bullshit? The fucker is a better singer than damn near everyone in a non-power metal band.

So you're saying Warrel is one of the best vocalists alive, bar no genre? What an incredibly asinine thing to say :lol:

Katy Perry has more power than those guys.

You may not like pop music, but that girl has a strong set of pipes

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

Indeed.

katy-perry-esquire-1.jpg

I would buy a Katy Perry / Jeff Loomis CD anyday.

Gamma362

Loomis Fanboy
Reaction score
I didn't say it would be a good move. Or that I wanted it to happen. I can just see Mustaine doing something like that.

I doubt dave would do that, hes only had good things to say about Chris, and has compared it to ozzy meeting randy rhodes. I highly doubt that Broderick will ever be fired at this point.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So you're saying Warrel is one of the best vocalists alive, bar no genre? What an incredibly asinine thing to say :lol:

What an incredibly asinine way to over-expand the context! Impressive!

WTF? All 12 of her on the recordings, maybe. That girl can't sing her way out of a paper bag.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
What an incredibly asinine way to over-expand the context! Impressive!

Exactly how would you interpret "The fucker is a better singer than damn near everyone in a non-power metal band."? I wasn't off base, bud :lol:

WTF? All 12 of her on the recordings, maybe. That girl can't sing her way out of a paper bag.

Watch a recent live performance of hers (the only stuff I'm basing my comment off of anyway) - she's got a fair amount of power and control, an a much more pleasing voice than the majority of the pop singers on the charts at the moment.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Well that had some pretty rough patches :lol: I saw her perform the same song on another show and it was impressive. But while we're at it, we could go ahead and post videos of Nevermore where Warrel sounds like ass. The difference being that I don't think he's a bad vocalist in atny way... It's just that saying he's better than most is pretty silly.

snowblind56

Reaction score
I am probably the only one who wants to see Broderick leave Megadeth. Then Loomis and Broderick can form a Cacophony style Instrumental Shred band. :shred:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly how would you interpret "The fucker is a better singer than damn near everyone in a non-power metal band."? I wasn't off base, bud :lol:

You kill me, you know that? :lol:

Watch a recent live performance of hers (the only stuff I'm basing my comment off of anyway) - she's got a fair amount of power and control, an a much more pleasing voice than the majority of the pop singers on the charts at the moment.

Well, the majority of the singers on the pop charts can't sing, either, with a few notable exceptions (Underwood, et al), but the two "live" pieces I've seen w/Perry weren't especially "live".

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Well, the majority of the singers on the pop charts can't sing, either, with a few notable exceptions (Underwood, et al), but the two "live" pieces I've seen w/Perry weren't especially "live".

Oh, I agree with that. I'm saying that she has a more pleasant sound to her voice than the majority of those fools, that's all. I didn't get the impression that her live stuff was edited or auto-tuned at all, but that technology does get better and better.

')