Jeff Loomis leaves Nevermore

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, I agree with that. I'm saying that she has a more pleasant sound to her voice than the majority of those fools, that's all. I didn't get the impression that her live stuff was edited or auto-tuned at all, but that technology does get better and better.

Agreed. The new tuners are scary good, though - you can't really hear it unless they completely miss, and most of them are better trained than that.

Regardless, there's two reasons Katy Perry has a career. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed. The new tuners are scary good, though - you can't really hear it unless they completely miss, and most of them are better trained than that.

Regardless, there's two reasons Katy Perry has a career. :yesway:

Two. Delicious. Reasons.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Jeffs shoes can be filled by Merrow, Cooley, or Chris Storey

Yeah, you like.. just said that...

All of this guys are great players (though I don't like Cooley), but they couldn't hang with Jeff in the lead department. It wouldn't be at all the same. Jeff pretty much only does what he does, but he's stellar at it.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
So you're saying Warrel is one of the best vocalists alive, bar no genre? What an incredibly asinine thing to say :lol:

If speaking purely technical, yes, he is one of the best non-power metal singers because he can control his voice very well to fit the moment in the music. It is a little presumptuous of him saying that, as, speaking technically, again, the same can be said about Billy Gibbons due to his ability to make use of a very large vocal range effectively. But that would be like comparing apples and oranges, or Dane and Perry.

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score
If speaking purely technical, yes, he is one of the best non-power metal singers because he can control his voice very well to fit the moment in the music. It is a little presumptuous of him saying that, as, speaking technically, again, the same can be said about Billy Gibbons due to his ability to make use of a very large vocal range effectively. But that would be like comparing apples and oranges, or Dane and Perry.

I only skimmed this post but I'm going to assume you had proof of a Billy Gibbons/Jeff Loomis project. I'm all over that, keep us posted!

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt dave would do that, hes only had good things to say about Chris, and has compared it to ozzy meeting randy rhodes. I highly doubt that Broderick will ever be fired at this point.

Hasn't Dave fell in love with every one of the ton of guitarist he's hired over the years?........ Than fired them an album or two later :lol:

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Hasn't Dave fell in love with every one of the ton of guitarist he's hired over the years?........ Than fired them an album or two later :lol:

Yes, but in every case they (and he) were out of control junkies. In more recent times, the guitarists have quit. Now bassists, on the other hand.

JR is AWESOME

JR is an ass, I carried his weight.

JAMES is AWESOME!

Hey gaiz, JR is back! Thank goodness!

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
I dont feel like sifting through all the pages. Honestly I myself like Jeff's solo stuff more. So hopefully we'll see alot more solo stuff.

troyguitar

Reaction score
FYI I meant metal that's not power metal - guess that wasn't particularly clear. As in, he's not Daniel Heiman but he's still very good.

Saying Warrel is horrible because you don't like his style is akin to saying Bulb sucks because you don't like teh djentz - yet one of those is 'socially acceptable' on here and the other is not.

')