Jeff Loomis new sig is a........V!

• Thread starter Triple-J
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xxxyyy

Reaction score
Very very nice guitar, but please change the headstock... even though I could accept it. Finally something good after the Jackson archtop and Broderick's nightmare... And... thank God those edges are sharp, I HATE loose ones on Vs.

sell2792

Reaction score
That kind of just doesn't look good at all. The body seems to small and the cutouts are lame.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about it. I'd love to try it out, that's for sure.

Well, at the very least, its one more V for the ERG market.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Prototype - I'm not lighting the pyres until it's 100% confirmed as is.

The concept works for me, needs a few things tidying up. A 6 with a Hipshot would go on the "must buy" list, a 7 with that styling and an OFR......not so much.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Aww I think a telecaster would of been better. :D Or singlecut as you people classify a tele rocking humbuckers. I think a loomise PT would of been amazing. This V is eh :(

clark81

Reaction score
Nice one.... I ve seen this body somewhere before.....

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Bernie Jr. must be proud that the Vixen has "inspired" so many other manufacturers.

Spence

Reaction score
the proportions are all wrong, and the black satin really doesnt go with the mcdonalds yellow, will need to play one when it comes out before i can make a proper judgement

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Key word here is PROTOTYPE guys. It's not the final design. There may be things he hates about it, so we'll see when the final unveiling comes.

BabUShka

Reaction score
it's quite a surprise for Schecter as it's more in line with something BCRich or Moser would make,

Schecter are also asking for opinions on the possibility of a Loomis 6 string model too so it seems like they've got a lot planned for him in 2012.

Wall Photos | Facebook

Well, im not surprised.. They've made the Synister gates signatur and Hellraiser V-shaped ++ other "special lookin" guitars.
I'd love to try the loomis 6 though.. Very happy with my Blackjack ATX, there will be more Schecters to my collection as soon as i get the money :)

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
I was expecting to be very disapoint. but I approve! not going to get one but still i dig it

Reaction score
It might be a prototype but somebody was thinking that "it's good enough to build and give Loomis to try it", so If we don't complain, and especially Mr. Loomis himself, they will produce it as it is.

So, please get rid of the horns or make them nicer, put a nicer headstock on it and match it to the body.

And yess, do a Hipshot 6 string version.

Cheers.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the V suits him well...He's an over-the-top shredder and he now has an over-the-top guitar.

I've never liked any of his music but I looove his old sig, because it was so tasteful and barebones.

')