Jeff Loomis sig pics !

• Thread starter Tristoner7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Noodles, I'm with you. I may actually slightly prefer ash, as it's the more "traditional" strat sound, and with that great sparkle, depth, and clear mids, it'd rule for a seven. :)

Ash is such a lively sounding wood. I'm imagining what a low B would sound like with all that ash "pop" behind it. :wub:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Hrm, well I hated the feeling of strat boards with lacquered maple. Is there any way to keep maple clean? I imagine ebony boards and rosewood boards would look grimy after years of use, but you can't notice for obvious reasons.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Hrm, well I hated the feeling of strat boards with lacquered maple. Is there any way to keep maple clean? I imagine ebony boards and rosewood boards would look grimy after years of use, but you can't notice for obvious reasons.

Oiling it regularly might help. The necks on both of my sevens are tung oiled, and they don't stay dirty. The grime cleans right off.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
They say naptha/lighter fluid cleans the stuff too. I don't know if it's finished or not, though - an unfinished neck would be helped by this, a finished one just needs to be wiped down every now and then.

Myself, I think I've actually come full circle and prefer finished necks for stability reasons. :flame:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm in my Dunlop lemon oil bottle says that you cannot use it on maple boards... How it's supposed to keep them clean? :scratch:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
They say naptha/lighter fluid cleans the stuff too. I don't know if it's finished or not, though - an unfinished neck would be helped by this, a finished one just needs to be wiped down every now and then.

Myself, I think I've actually come full circle and prefer finished necks for stability reasons. :flame:

I'm talking about the fret board. I don't mind painted necks, I just hate finished fret boards. Not that I have a whole lot of experience with them, I just detested it the first time I ever tried one.

Tzoni

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think the Hellraiser's $799.

Edit - they're actually $699 now, they seem to have dropped it another hundred (though I think it stopped at $749 on the way down, come to think of it). So it's a $200 upcharge.

Also, updated specs:

Ash, not alder, but I can live with that. :)

Shit, 1300 dollars?? I think I might have to buy the hellraiser instead. Damn! Well, the hellraiser still kicks ass:shred:

Tzoni

Reaction score
Street price is $899.
I know, but if I am gonna buy the Hellraiser for example, I 'm gonna have to pay almost a thousand euros. They might not make a discount because it's been shipped from America, but still its a freaking rip-off!:nuts:

bulb

Reaction score
ash is officially my favorite 7 string wood, and emg 707s sound the best in ash as well. This guitar is going to pwn!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit, I just want one now, NOOOW!!! :scream:

I know, but if I am gonna buy the Hellraiser for example, I 'm gonna have to pay almost a thousand euros. They might not make a discount because it's been shipped from America, but still its a freaking rip-off!:nuts:
Dude, I bought my Hellraiser from USA for a total 540€ shipping included. Even with custom duties and all that shitty stuff, It's still woth buying overseas.

Tzoni

Reaction score
Holy shit, I just want one now, NOOOW!!! :scream:

Dude, I bought my Hellraiser from USA for a total 540€ shipping included. Even with custom duties and all that shitty stuff, It's still woth buying overseas.
Then maybe I should rethink buying the Loomis sig. How did you order it?

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Then maybe I should rethink buying the Loomis sig. How did you order it?
I bough it brand new from ebay, they come up often for around 545$. It's just a matter of stay alert to catch one fast, because they're usually buy it now!

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ash is officially my favorite 7 string wood, and emg 707s sound the best in ash as well. This guitar is going to pwn!

I was nervous about alder (EMGs are, at best, hit and miss in alder to me), but they'll be fine in ash...

')