Jeff Loomis solo album? Yes please!

• Thread starter Doctor J
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doctor J said:
Just read this on Bravewords. There's a Nevermore DVD in the works too :hbang:

Isn't every N'more album basically a Loomis solo album, anyway? I know Smyth wrote a couple on the new one, but the previous two...

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
i will ask Jeff Monday Night... and as far a Steve he has more talent then ya'll can imagine.. his EssinEss band is killer...and so is Sweat leaf his Black Sabbath Tribute band..and remember he used to be in Vicious Rumors.Steve uses the bar Loomis uses the Sweeps....

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jerich said:
..and remember he used to be in Vicious Rumors.Steve uses the bar Loomis uses the Sweeps....

Yeah, we played a few East coast shows with them back in '97 when Steve was with them - he's an excellent player. Plus, remember, he had to play Murphy and Skolnick's stuff in Testament, too!

Doctor J

I Don't Own An Ibanez 7!
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Isn't every N'more album basically a Loomis solo album, anyway?

Yeah, but there'll be no singing on this one, I'm guessing he'll fill the void with more guitar ;) :metal:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Wait...an excuse for Loomis to play even more mind boggling stuff I'll never be able to play? :head explodes and shoots off into oblivion:

zak

Reaction score
I'm sure it'll be amazing. Be pretty sick if he had guest solos in there too. I know he's in awe of Rusty Cooley's playing....

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Meh, another solo shred album. I'll pass as usual. The only one to mildly interest me other than Satch, Vai and Buckethead (they still have something about them that just keeps me coming back) is John5's stuff.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Meh, another solo shred album. I'll pass as usual. The only one to mildly interest me other than Satch, Vai and Buckethead (they still have something about them that just keeps me coming back) is John5's stuff.

Dont say it sucks till you've heard it ;p

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Dont say it sucks till you've heard it ;p
Fair enough. I just tend to find that most instrumental guitar albums today are pretty boring. Especially if the artist themselves compares the style of it to another famous guitarist's work. When John5 said his music was instrumental shred/industrial/country, I was interested. When I hear "he said it'd be a Becker-esque kinda affair" I lose all interest. Because it's been done.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
well, his biggest infleunce was becker. I'm a huge becker fan, with a lot of influence from him, course, i sound nothing like him. If you've heard a lot of nevermore, you'd understand he's got a very different style from most shredheads and whatnot. His influence from becker and gilbert and whatnot are mostly in his technique and how he uses that. His compositions with nevermore are VERY unique.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
well, his biggest infleunce was becker. I'm a huge becker fan, with a lot of influence from him, course, i sound nothing like him. If you've heard a lot of nevermore, you'd understand he's got a very different style from most shredheads and whatnot. His influence from becker and gilbert and whatnot are mostly in his technique and how he uses that. His compositions with nevermore are VERY unique.
That's true, and I really like his playing in Nevermore. But that doesn't mean his solo album will sound like Nevermore at all.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
That's true, and I really like his playing in Nevermore. But that doesn't mean his solo album will sound like Nevermore at all.

It probably won't. It will probably sound like something completely different. I don't see Loomis as the kind of guy who is going to record a wankfest (Friedman's "Music for Speeding" anyone?) just for the sake of wanking.

')