Jeff Loomis' "Zero Order Phase"

• Thread starter beretta329
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

unitas

Reaction score
I just picked it up the other day after seeing a video of him playing miles of machines. Very impressive, great disc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Desi

You can't handle me!
Reaction score
Zero Order Phase is probably the ONLY rock/metal instrumental album I never tire of. Dunno why, perhaps musical taste changing, or a hidden elitism growing inside of me from listening to too much jazz, but I'm SICK of rock/metal instrumental albums.

I cannot sit through John Petrucci's Suspended Animation without wanting to kick an old lady's walker. I don't know why, and I used to LOVE that album. The track "wishful Thinking" is beautiful...but I think JP had no idea how to end it, so he wanked till the credits rolled :wallbash:.

My favorite track off Zero Order Phase has to be "Cashmir Shiv". In my own very personal opinion, it is the track that shows the side of Loomis I want to hear the most. I'm used to him shredding the night away, and as amazing as he is at it...I get sick of it. learning from a jazz teacher kinda made listening to certain styles of music "less" fascinating. Everything makes sense, and sometimes, things get way too predictable. Kinda like taking the red pill.

All things considered, I'm really looking forward to Nevermore's new album. Holy JIZZMACK, it's been 5 years!!!

Last edited:

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Zero Order Phase is probably the ONLY rock/metal instrumental album I never tire of. Dunno why, perhaps musical taste changing, or a hidden elitism growing inside of me from listening to too much jazz, but I'm SICK of rock/metal instrumental albums.

I cannot sit through John Petrucci's Suspended Animation without wanting to kick an old lady's walker. I don't know why, and I used to LOVE that album. The track "wishful Thinking" is beautiful...but I think JP had no idea how to end it, so he wanked till the credits rolled :wallbash:.

My favorite track off Zero Order Phase has to be "Cashmir Shiv". In my own very personal opinion, it is the track that shows the side of Loomis I want to hear the most. I'm used to him shredding the night away, and as amazing as he is at it...I get sick of it. learning from a jazz teacher kinda made listening to certain styles of music "less" fascinating. Everything makes sense, and sometimes, things get way too predictable. Kinda like taking the red pill.

All things considered, I'm really looking forward to Nevermore's new album. Holy JIZZMACK, it's been 5 years!!!
Thanks for the opinion. I haven't listened to the whole album and I'm going to check out that song. Have you ever heard of Exivious?

Racer_J

Reaction score
Absolutely love Zero Order Phase, one of my all time favorite CDs.

Check out the bonus track for the Japanese release. Just found it on Youtube.

Jason

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Hmmm, can't say I have. But, I will look them up right now and then get back to you. Thanks for the tip. :wavey:
There like a instrumental band with a blend of Cynic and Rock n' Roll.
It's really good stuff.
: )

Bobo

Reaction score
Did he play all over the album for rhythm or that one song?

I thought Ron did a solo or solos in Jato Unit....kinda sounded like his awesome style.

And great find Racer_J :)

Xiphos68

Reaction score
I thought Ron did a solo or solos in Jato Unit....kinda sounded like his awesome style.

And great find Racer_J :)
+1 to Race_J I didn't even notice that.

Ok. I looked on wikipedia. Yeah he only played that guest solo.

Reaction score
Absolutely love Zero Order Phase, one of my all time favorite CDs.

Check out the bonus track for the Japanese release. Just found it on Youtube.

Jason

nice find racer
and uhh racer... you wouldnt happen to be RICER_J from the rx7club.com would you?

Bigsby

Nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I bought this CD as a recommendation from a friend and he didn't warn me that my brain would be annihilated i had shuffle on in itunes and miles of machines played and i died i am literally dead as i'm typing this totally worth it though

Xiphos68

Reaction score
I bought this CD as a recommendation from a friend and he didn't warn me that my brain would be annihilated i had shuffle on in itunes and miles of machines played and i died i am literally dead as i'm typing this totally worth it though
It's Jeff Loomis he'll melt your brain any day.:hbang::shred:

Bobo

Reaction score

My condolences man :( Too bad you didn't live till June 8th :(

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
My condolences man :( Too bad you didn't live till June 8th :(

He should have worn a helmet when listening to the album i guess.:idea:

Bough it at one of his guitar clinics, got it signed it too. Awesome player and a great album, i am sure Nevermore are pissed he didnt use all that amazing fretwork for thei new songs. I am sure it willl be great though. Pat O'Briens soloing is in too, check it out.:yesway:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
*watches video*
BWHAHAHA EASY !!!!
*Picks up guitar*
hahahaooooohshiiiiiiiiiiiiiohshiiiiiiiioshiiiiiiiiii....

But...he MADE IT LOOK EASY IN THE VIDEO, NOT FAIR !!!

')