Jeff Loomis's Heaviest Moments

• Thread starter neon_black88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neon_black88

Reaction score
It's a very fast upward rake done close to the bridge, all part of the picking pattern. I remember talking to Jeff about that when were tracking it, and being blown away by how fast it is. Also, as they alternately appear in different spots in the riff makes it very cool indeed.

Awesome stuff.

Had to bump this because I never read these latests posts.

THANK YOU for that! Ever since I first bought Dreaming Neon Black i've been wondering about that sound, and been completely blown away by that riff, its so fucking heavy and groovy at the same time.

Ive been experimenting with that tequnique before reading this post, and i've goten pretty close but its so hard to figure out EXACTLY whats going with the left hand because its so wierd sounding.

Theres lots of wierd little subtle techniques all over that album which just make it that much more cool. Lots of really cool lead delayish effects like at 3:08 in fault of flesh too. He doesn't seem to be doing that kind of stuff that much anymore :(. Could have a bit to do with Tim Calvert though.

Your still my favorite guitar player Jeff Loomis :wub:

Auslander

Complete Bastard
Reaction score
I think a lot of his heaviest moments might well be on the new solo record. Sorry to be such a tease, but I just saw this thread again and we recently finished the album, so these are my updated thoughts.

:shred::metal::shred::bowdown:

neon_black88

Reaction score
I think a lot of his heaviest moments might well be on the new solo record. Sorry to be such a tease, but I just saw this thread again and we recently finished the album, so these are my updated thoughts.

:shred::metal::shred::bowdown:

:eek: I can't freaking wait for this, I've been wanting it ever sinse he first mentioned it years ago in a small interview. Infact if anyone asked me what artist I would want to hear a solo record from three years ago it would be Jeff :hbang:

Auslander

Complete Bastard
Reaction score
I think it was either during Politics or DNB that Jeff said that he'd like to do a solo album one day, and would I be interested in working with him on that. I told him I would of course, and now here we are with it all ready to go.

It only took us about 10 years to get round to it haha!

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
Jeff's heaviest moment for me is right after the solo in I, Voyager

Celiak

Reaction score
Ambivalent and Seed Awakening are the heaviest in my opinion, but regardless of how many strings he uses he has always made some tasty riffs. It's why there isn't a Nevermore album I don't like, they are all grand but in different ways.

')