Jeff Loomis's new custom paintjob.

• Thread starter jeleopard
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GXPO

Reaction score
I don't think i can ever back schecter maple boards, I just don't get why they look so mustardy

EDIT: Is there actually a reason/justification for the colouration of their maple boards? (species, dye, ??)

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/pi...-tech/115955-why-schecter-s-necks-yellow.html

Not all the info there is relevant mind you.

It's basically the type of finish they use, you can see it on a lot of vintage Fenders as well. Pain in the arse is, when you refret the thing you have to scrape it away from the frets with a blade and risk damaging it.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Add me to the list of people who don't dig this guitar with the maple fretboard...I don't hate maple fretboards, but on this guitar, it just doesn't do it for me.

Zado

Reaction score
Well the graphic loomis's not gonna replace the old ones,so that's no problem I guess :D

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
No. Just no.

Maple or no maple. It's still just no.

Reaction score
it was posted a while ago by schecter itself

601460_490410827673030_1876211464_n.jpg

Should've been with the standard maple headstock. Hideous nonetheless.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I don't like the graphics, I've never liked the McMaple fretboard and I don't like the cheapo-looking chrome hardware, and I wouldn't like the inevitable Schecter slugger neck.

82DMC12

Reaction score
Just saw Jeff Loomis last night at the Riot Room in KC (opened for Soilwork). He was playing the new red graphic guitar... and of course, totally slayed! Hard to see what kind of amp he was playing through - his second guitarist had an AxeFX and Jeff had some kind of a rack but didn't see one in his. No other heads for the other bands were turned on. What does he play through live?

BeyondAntares

Reaction score
I don't understand the criticisms for Loomis' maple board. It looks exactly like a vintage fender-type fretboard. Would it really look that much better being slightly more white?

In terms of the actual graphic, I am not digging it. I like transparent finishes, or some cool painted finishes.... graphics just don't look very appealing to me.

It comes up all the time. Some consider a maple fretboard cheap looking or too vintage looking. Most starter guitar packs from less commonly known bottom tier manufacturers feature an almost pale wood / maple fretboard and this has thrown some people off.

Or the association with Fender using maple for decades as a fretboard and some are just tired of seeing it.

I personaly hate maple fretboards, but i have seen a roasted birdseye maple fretboard in the past that made my jaw drop.

Alimination

Space Adventurer
Reaction score
Just saw Jeff Loomis last night at the Riot Room in KC (opened for Soilwork). He was playing the new red graphic guitar... and of course, totally slayed! Hard to see what kind of amp he was playing through - his second guitarist had an AxeFX and Jeff had some kind of a rack but didn't see one in his. No other heads for the other bands were turned on. What does he play through live?

He played the Kemper Profile amp live.

mcsalty

Keepin' it Kodos
Reaction score
i don't really think it works aesthetically with the chrome hardware and maple fretboard, but that's my opinion haha. i mean it's his guitar, so whatever works for him i suppose :shrug:

acauseforpatric

Reaction score
I think that guitar might just be the complete opposite of everything I like about a guitar... WHERE DID WE GO WRONG?!

but seriously, my god. the horror.

Brutal7

Reaction score
I think its just the angle in that photo. When you look at the photo above it looks like all of the others IMO.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I wonder if that guitar was stolen with the rest of his stuff.

If it was, the person that tries to sell it hopefully won't realize that Jeff probably had the only one and it would be very obvious that it was stolen.

ShawnFjellstad

hates womanizers.
Reaction score
I wonder if that guitar was stolen with the rest of his stuff.

If it was, the person that tries to sell it hopefully won't realize that Jeff probably had the only one and it would be very obvious that it was stolen.

Nope. Their gear is fine. Just their personal belongings in their van were taken. Touring bands don't typically keep gear of any kind in their van on a tour. That stuff stays in a trailer, or at the venue.

')