Jem/UV Lovers in the UK, Look!

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place (please move if it is!), but I was on my way home from uni earlier and stopped in at Rockers (Music Ground, Denmark St.)

I'm not a massive fan of these shops, they usually charge way over street price and there's a lot controversy surrounding the business, however on this occaision...

At the moment they have a load of used JEMs and UV's in stock, ranging from very very early pre-90's, original Edge guitars right up to recent ones, there's a couple of rarer ones in there too.

This includes (IIRC):
UV777PBK
UV7BK - Silver Dot
JEM77VBK
JEM777VBK
JEM7VSBL
JEM7BSB
JEM7DBK
JEM7PBK
JEM20

The dude I normally talk to says they're expecting more.

The only reason I'm posting this is because this is a rare opportunity to see/try such a large portion of the JEM/UV range in one place, anybody interested in getting one should probably pop down! The prices aren't too bad either, but.... Meh....

I'm in no way affiliated with Music Ground, the guitars aren't mine for sale yada yada yada, but if I was told about this I'd have run straight over there!

Hope this doesn't break any rules...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
They've got them for sale on ebay too. Wouldn't touch Music Ground with a barge pole though.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
No indeed, it's quite a sight though.

How can I say this...

I ended up just buying a '91 JEM 77FP because there was no other way I could try one of the early JEM's. I wish I could have a tried a couple of eras of JEM/UV first.

:lol:

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
4665046662_8e22f55918.jpg

Best one though. It's so ugly I like it :lol:

Manage to play one unplugged for 5 minutes, felt like a very solid guitar

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I think they're all over 1k, but they arent ludicrous. They all looked in ok nick too, but there was some serious setting up needed!

I didn't write down prices I'm afraid.

Knyas

Reaction score
Don't worry about not having the exact prices man, thanks for the heads up :hbang:

Reaction score
If you want the best prices get in this weekend, they are on consignment at the moment (so no, don't be expecting to play them all) but likely to be bought for stock soon (expect prices to rise thereafter).

The full list is:

JEM7PBK
JEM777VBK
JEM77BFP
JEM7BSB
JEM7DBK
JEM7VSBL
JEM77BRMR
JEM20TH
JEM77VBK
UV7BK GREEN DOT
UV7BK SILVER DOT
2 X UV777PBK

You've already missed the 2 x UVMC and all the neons (incl a VSK).....

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^^^you work there?

I asked about a green dot, they said they didn't have one.

morgasm7

Reaction score
I actually bought one of the UV77MCs. Its mint! Still has the paper on the backplates (this was before they started covering them in plastic).
Unfortunately I can't afford to keep it so if anyone wants to talk business PM me! Might consider trades and will consider offers, need to get rid of this quick!
Heres a pic.

199507_10150164442504209_513429208_6810887_1142878_n.jpg

Voodoo Turkey

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Fun111, I wish I lived a little closer to London cos I'd love to see some of these JEM's and UV's in person.. The best my local guitar store has are those mid range Prestige models for under £1000

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^^^I strongly recommend, my UV was fantastic. The only problem I had with it was the bridge pickup lacks focus. I sold my particular one because it was in very bad condition, but I'll buy another. I'll probably put a Blaze Custom in the bridge and save the original blaze for the sake of the value of the guitar.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I'd most likely get bareknuckles in it anyway, but I've grown to love basswood for 7 strings and since UVs are the most sought after and often most attractive, they're my next purchase. Either that or an S7420FMTT which I've always wanted.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
You gotta try a UV. there's nothing else like an early 90's UV neck. They're very comfy and a really great shape - completely unobtrusive, it just rests in the hand.

I WILL be buying another UV someday. I will probably try find a silver dot BK an put a D Sonic with black poles in the bridge. Or possibly just a Blaze custom.

')