John Scofield/Pat Metheny: 'I Can See Your House From Here'

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Listening to this right now. I know some people didn't like it, but I think it's really cool to hear the two of them together (it's always interesting to here Metheny in a more 'straight' jazz setting). The combination of their trademark tones is especially cool; Sco's all grainy and edgy, and Metheny's mellifluous and smooth...:shred:

Also reminds me that I need to acquire some more Scofield recordings... His intervallic lines rock!

Does anyone else like it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey D

Reaction score
I really like it. I am arranging a few of the tunes to do in an organ trio...me on 8 string and organ doing the duets.

There are a few of the transcriptions about on the net, i think I have a few.

John Scofield is probably my favourite modern jazz guitarist. Although recently pat martino has been blowing my mind. Check the thread on martino...

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
I'll have to check this out.
I think Metheny is about to take over my jazz world. My brother picked up his "speaking of now(?)" dvd last week. Simply amazing. What guitar synth/controller does he use?